Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Brake advice
  • matther01
    Free Member

My rear brake has developed a terrible howl. So stripped the rotor, sanded it, cleaned with IPA, cleaned the caliper with IPA, new sintered pad and bedded them in. Went out today…and its just as bad.

Any advice (considering I’ve done pretty much everything I’ve normally done to cure it)?

The previous and new pads are uberbike…but these are silent on my other bike with the same brakes so ruling them out.

Its starting to do my head in!

Cheers

Olly
    Free Member

Sounds like its not aligned properly.
    With the brake released, is the rotor nice and central in the caliper, and also square to the Rotor face (both from the top, and also from the rear)

If not, and if not sortable by resetting the brake, you might need to get the mounts faced.

JAG

Brakes make noise – stop worrying about it and ride the damn bike 🙂

I design brakes for cars and we spend hundreds of hours fiddling with brakes to stop noise. The truth is we never make a silent car – bike companies can’t do what we do for financial reasons.

jonba
    Free Member

what make and model.

My avid Elixirs did this. Solved it by taking the caliper off and replacing the funny washers. Then loctite on the bolt and a small smear of grease on the washers.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Brake advice’ is closed to new replies.