Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Brake adaptors again. PM forks, IS caliper without going +20mm?
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

Is it possible to fit an IS caliper to a PM fork without having to step up 20mm on rotor size?

I’m sure this has been asked before but I couldn’t find it. If it makes a difference, it’s a Hope E4 number 8 caliper to a Fox 36.

Cheers.

acjim
    Free Member

I asked the same last week, pretty sure it’s not a goer – I’ve bought the hope adaptor that requires a 20mm hop up – not exactly what I wanted but means I can keep my brakes

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Only if you change the caliper, (or caliper-half if you can) for the next size down.

Number 8 is 205mm isn’t it? so get a 185mm caliper (number 5?), and use a PM – IS adaptor and a 205mm disc.

Or get a new set of PM brakes.

Milkie
    Free Member

There is one, I’m waiting for Clee Cycles to get them in, about 2 weeks away.

KCNC Post to IS Mount Adapter – +0 mm

EDIT: Beaten to it!

Onzadog
    Free Member

My other option is trying to find an E4 caliper in a number 3. Pretty rare though.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Cheers guys. That’s the sort of thing I’m looking for. The calipers have pretty long legs so I think it would fit.

xraymtb
    Free Member

I tried that Clee Cycles one on my Hope Mono M4 on Fox F100 – it doesnt work as the kink in the adapter gets in the way of the round cylinder (where the bore cap sits) on the caliper. That was a 180mm caliper (#3 or #8 maybe).

Ended up using the Hope +20mm adapter with a 200mm disc.

yan
    Free Member

Just got the same problem, DT Swiss POST to shimano xtr M965 IS.

The KCNC adapter wont fit the fork mounts without being heavily modified and would require spacers and then also a bigger disc. The kcnc adapter is the one mentioned above, POST fork to IS caliper 160mm to 160mm, so for my setup its no good, so looking for a new caliper…

old link…….
    http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/post-to-is-caliper-mounting-problem-xtr-m985-caliper-to-m965-shifter

mrmo
    Free Member

i am using the KCNC adapter, Reba fork XTR calliper. It is tight though.

yan
    Free Member

mrmo, is that with a 160mm disc and is it a M775 or M985 IS caliper?

Cheers

mrmo
    Free Member

160mm disc, old XTR, the silver curvy one, i.e. not the current silver or the angular grey that preceded that. 965?

Onzadog
    Free Member

Thanks for all the help guys. However, The used forks I was looking at are off the cards due to me not being able to check the stanchions for wear.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Brake adaptors again. PM forks, IS caliper without going +20mm?’ is closed to new replies.