Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Brads out the tour … maybe
  • ti_pin_man
    Free Member

Guardian

looks like this might settle the Froome V’s Wiggo debate for TdF.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The 32-year-old triple Olympic gold medallist has an inflammation in his left knee, which could be due to having too much play in his pedal, and has been unable to train as he would have wished.

Has he asked in here? Sure we could come up with 1000 a fix

mrblobby
    Free Member

the Kenyan-born Briton

Every single bloody article that mentions Froome has this! yet they never say “the Belgian-born Briton” when talking about Wiggins. I don’t get it.

Edit: Would be a shame if he was out the Tour though, some of the intrigue gone. Bet it’s those silly Speedplay pedals.

glenp
    Free Member

…an inflammation in his left knee, which could be due to having too much play in his pedal…

Yea ok. Sure it’s not due to the thought of riding for Froome?

antigee

i read it as would rather rest up for later in year rather than play domestique after what looked like a pretty nasty infection – i guess they used a pin the blame on the bike app to get to the pedal

jonba
    Free Member

Quite clearly wiggo needs a bike fit 😉

warton
    Free Member

It’s pretty plain to see Wiggins feels let down by Sky, doesn’t want to ride for them, and will be leaving at the end of this season. I can see him retiring to be honest, or maybe a return to the track.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Three of GBR’s finest

enfht
    Free Member

I blame all that poncing about he does in front the cameras wearing his Mod costume.

igm

Anyway Cavendish is Britain’s greatest cyclist now he’s got 3 jerseys – and he’s almost actually British. Well almost. He’ll do.

jamiea
    Free Member

…they never say “the Belgian-born Briton” when talking about Wiggins. I don’t get it.

It’s the accent, init?

Cheers,
    Jamie

FuzzyWuzzy

Wiggo never rode for Belgium though so there is a difference, that said they probably don’t need to keep mentioning Kenya every time Froome’s name gets mentioned.
    Certainly don’t buy the pedal play argument, he’s ridden Speedplays for a while and they didn’t seem an issue during last year’s TdF. The cold weather is more likely a contributing factor.
    Reads more like getting in an excuse early to me if he doesn’t ride/isn’t selected (the fallout for Sky from not selecting Wiggo if he declared himself fit would be massive). I’m guessing Wiggo only wants to ride the TdF if he can be competitive and I certainly wouldn’t want to see him there just as a super domestique.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

mikewsmith – Member

The 32-year-old triple Olympic gold medallist has an inflammation in his left knee, which could be due to having too much play in his pedal, and has been unable to train as he would have wished.

Has he asked in here? Sure we could come up with 1000 a fix

first thing they did on my bike fit was to screw in the adjusting screws on the cleats,

I think Shane Sutton has told him to find an excuse as Froome is going to be the team leader for the TdF

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Brads out the tour … maybe’ is closed to new replies.