• This topic has 7 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by hora.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • BOS air shock- experiences?
  • hora
    Free Member

Specifically the VIP’R but any others. I know going back a while there was spate of warranty issues but the likes of YT seem to spec them a lot.

julians
    Free Member

I have a BOS KIRK on my Orbea Rallon. I’ve owned it since January, and done about 200 miles on it.

Its pretty good, no issues with it so far. Damping feels good, all adjustments have a noticeable effect, the climbing mode is effective.

damping quality feels comparable to my old ccdb air shock.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Before I sold up and became a full time roadie, I had a Bos Vipr on my Nicolai Helius AM.

I thought it was excellent and that was coming to it from a CCDB coil as well. I had zero issues with it on a mechanical basis and it’s performance was excellent especially in more extreme terrain.

At slow speeds (shaft) speeds it did used to sound a little asthmatic and without the harder compression dial in the ‘on’ position, it didn’t inhibit pedal bob quite as much as the equivalent from other companies, but as soon as you picked up speed of fast rough ground, it was brilliant in a ‘fades into the background’ kind of way.

You’ve got options for support here in the UK other than the official distributor (whoever that is now!)

mikey74
    Free Member

I have a Void and Idylle SC on my Morewood and they’ve been brilliant. Very reliable and the best feeling suspension I’ve ever ridden.

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Who’s the distributor now? I had a Stoy on my DH bike waaaay back, no problems with it, it was pretty bloody awesome. I thought the real problems were due to the distributors being unable to get parts from BOS turning what should have been a quick warranty job/service into a nightmare?

hora
    Free Member

Sounds good 😀

jairaj

I Have a Vip’r on my Transition Bandit and am very happy with it. I have also demoed the bike with a RS Monarch and Fox RP23 Adaptive Logic. The RS and Fox both felt about the same no massive difference between the two. There was a big difference with the BOS Vip’r though. It feels much smoother and more active when the terrain gets really bumpy, the others would have a bit of spiking and feel constipated. Its more controlled on large bumps like drop offs it somehow manages to recover quicker from deep in its travel yet doesn’t ever feel like its going to buck you off and when you do bottom out it never feels harsh. Reliability has been good, its coming up to 2 years old now and still feels good not had any issues with it.

The current distributor is Jungle who can also service BOS products for you as can a growing number of independent places. Jungle seem to be doing a good job and must’ve managed to get BOS to sort their act out as they have not dumped them after a year. Supposedly the previous two distributors got rid of BOS after a year because of very poor support from BOS.

hora
    Free Member

Phew. Thanks guys. I placed the order as a gamble before posting this (last review online is from 2011).

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘BOS air shock- experiences?’ is closed to new replies.