Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)
  • Boris Johnson – waffling fool
  • SST
    Free Member

I’ve always liked Boris in a “Court Jester” sort of way. Bumbling along, saying silly things on Have I Got News For You and refusing to comb his hair.

But having listened to him on Sky news, as Londons Mayor, trying to back one group (the anti riot brigade) without offending another group (the rioters) I realised that, like most politicions, he’s actually too kak scared of actually saying anything meaningful for fear of upsettign a minority.

binners

Anyone who has had an education that cost the same as the GDP of an african nation yet still looks like he couldn’t tie his own shoe laces…. Londoners – you do realise by voting for him you risk making yourself look nearly as thick as he is! And that’s pretty thick!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Someone will be along soon to tell you what an amazingly clever chap he is behind it all. I could even tell you who – it’s always the same guy. Truth is, he’s a joke. A buffoon. A puppet. A muppet. I’m not sure londoners really realised quite how shit he is when they all thought “Oooh, wouldn’t it be funny…”

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

He ain’t thick. a very astute man

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Educated? Clever? Yes.

Astute? I’m not having that.

SST
    Free Member

Astute enough to get the Mayors job I suppose . . . . someone must have voted for him 😮

aracer
    Free Member

Someone will be along soon to tell you what an amazingly clever chap he is behind it all. I could even tell you who – it’s always the same guy.

TandemJeremy – Member
    He ain’t thick. a very astute man

That who you were thinking of?

Lifer
    Free Member

Definitely not thick!

brakes
    Free Member

he nearly ran my wife over once

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

He doesn’t wear a helmet on his bike – clearly an astute chap

SST
    Free Member

my point wasn’t his intelligence (or lack of it) btw, but rather his reluctance to actually say something with conviction.

Lifer
    Free Member

He’s a politician. Saying something with conviction may get him into trouble (the phone hacking is ‘codswallop’ comment, hopefully).

slowoldgit
    Free Member

In an interview yesterday, he predicted rioters would get ‘punishment they will bitterly regret’. I thought we had an independent judiciary, or does he know something else? The bloke’s a professional loose cannon, court jester and sock puppet, taking attention and heat away from his old mate Dave.

Lifer
    Free Member

He wants the tory leadership so anything that undermines CallMeDave is acceptable, rather than taking the heat off he tries to force CallMeDave into a position.

Plus I heard the Lords have been recalled as well which suggests legislation will be pushed through tomorrow. Exactly what this problem needs, hastily thought out ‘solutions’ then move on, job done. Still, if it works for the economy…

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

He’s not very clever as politicians go imo. He just happens to have a fairly unique act which apparently he has been perfecting since his student days.

It works in terms of getting noticed, but that doesn’t somehow equate with him having some sort of great intellectual ability. After all, the people of Hartlepool elected a monkey as their mayor – presumably for no reason other than the fact that they had noticed a monkey was standing for election.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

That’s a bit harsh, Ernest. 😐

SST
    Free Member

LOL @ “I’ll give you my sternest look” picture.

rkk01
    Free Member

Yes, but like him or loathe him, Mandy is a clever, scheming little bastard…

Marge
    Free Member

I’m an expat & of course the London riots made world news, hence together with a British colleague we were trying to describe Boris Johnson to colleagues who had seen him….

I think they thought we were exaggerating….

Surely he must be intelligent – no?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Mandelson is another not very smart politician who is deemed to be very clever because of his attention seeking qualities. He represents a failed politician who had to be given a EU job so that he wouldn’t need to stand for election anymore. He was initially sacked for dodgy dealings and then, despite be given a completely unjustified second chance, he unbelievable managed to get himself sacked a second time, and yes, for more dodgy dealings – how dumb/careless was that ffs ?

If people are impressed by the intellectual capabilities of the likes of Johnson and Mandelson, then it’s hardly surprising that British politics is at such a depressingly dumb level – neither deserve to be elected to a much higher office than parish councillor.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I agree wit Ernie about mandleson – not that clever

rkk01
    Free Member

I wasn’t necessarily suggesting Mandelson is clever in an intellectual capacity – but in a schemeing Machiavellian manner

donsimon
    Free Member

He is, in fact, an amazingly clever chap behind it all, Boris not Peter. 😉

5thElefant
    Free Member

Mandelson is New Labour. Impressive and utterly disgusting.

Boris and Ken are what politicians should be. Larger than life personalities.

MSP

I wasn’t necessarily suggesting Mandelson is clever in an intellectual capacity – but in a schemeing Machiavellian manner

Getting caught twice fails the Machiavellian test, getting put back into positions of power twice shows the general level of arrogance and contempt that politicians have for the electorate.

bikebouy
    Free Member

He doesn’t wear a helmet on his bike – clearly an astute chap

Shouldn’t this read:
    He doesn’t wear a helmet on his bike – clearly an hisute chap

ransos
    Free Member

Boris Johnson had the brass neck to complain about the self-entitled attitude of the rioters. This from the Bullingdon man who used to smash up restautants…

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

A question: would anyone with an ounce of sense go into Politics?

Would you stand for election, given the only way you can make anything happen is by garnering the support of other Politicians? And garnering support for a policy has almost nothing to do with objectivity, logic or practicality?

petey74
    Free Member

A question: would anyone with an ounce of sense go into Politics?

Would you stand for election, given the only way you can make anything happen is by garnering the support of other Politicians? And garnering support for a policy has almost nothing to do with objectivity, logic or practicality?

😀

Cougar

would anyone with an ounce of sense go into Politics?

I’ve thought for a long time that anyone who wants to be a politician should automatically be excluded from being one.

(-:

yossarian
    Free Member

Why is boris mayor of London? Is he a Londoner?

Say what you like about ken, it’s obvious he loves his city.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

He is, in fact, an amazingly clever chap behind it all, Boris not Peter.

“Behind it all” ? Behind all what ?……..the bumbling idiot image ?

He’s not that clever. The cleverest thing he’s managed to do is to convince some very naive and gullible people that his stupidity is all just an image. So when he comes out with one of his inevitable gaffes, or acts of cringing buffoonery, these people automatically dismiss it as part of his act. How many politicians would dearly love to have their own gaffs so readily dismissed.

Johnson makes gaffes on all fronts

Haha Boris……you big lovable fool !

RustySpanner

Didn’t he once boast of throwing an ornamental urn through a restaurant window whilst he was in the Bullingdon club with Dave? Seem to remember he was arrested for it too.
    Hypocrite of the vilest kind.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Hypocrite of the vilest kind.

There is however a subtle, but fundamental, difference, Spanner. The Bullingdon Boys were born to lead – this is their country – we are but servants. If the socially exclusives want to trash their own home, then that’s up them. But for their servants to do the same, that’s a definite no-no.

OmarLittle
    Free Member

There is the old quote from Cameron “We smashed the place up and Boris set fire to the toilets.”

MrWoppit
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgThJK8xfKw[/video]

donsimon
    Free Member

ernie_lynch – Member

He is, in fact, an amazingly clever chap behind it all, Boris not Peter.

“Behind it all” ? Behind all what ?……..the bumbling idiot image ?

He’s not that clever. The cleverest thing he’s managed to do is to convince some very naive and gullible people that his stupidity is all just an image. So when he comes out with one of his inevitable gaffes, or acts of cringing buffoonery, these people automatically dismiss it as part of his act. How many politicians would dearly love to have their own gaffs so readily dismissed.

Johnson makes gaffes on all fronts

Haha Boris……you big lovable fool !
    Whoosh!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Whoosh!

Haha….I completely missed the point you were making !!!

Which was of course : that Boris isn’t clever at all !

What a muppet I turn out to be 😀

I guess you must have “fooled” me, when you said : “He is, in fact, an amazingly clever chap behind it all”

Yeah right.

donsimon
    Free Member

Oh dear ernie! In your pursuit of either trying to look smart or make me look dumb, you have, unfortunately, failed.
    I’ll give you a hand to save you further embarrassement.

Kevevs
    Free Member

so why not draft new rules that anyone who wants to become an MP/Mayor, to represent society, has to live in a dirty East End tower block for a year on benefits or work in a shop and live on those means. Nothing else. and then at the end of the year they can have all their old privilideges/bank accounts back or whatever. I think tits like Boris would last less than a week.

I reckon the ones that got through the stringent means test actually gave a toss and should be allowed to be an MP/Mayor!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘Boris Johnson – waffling fool’ is closed to new replies.