• This topic has 22 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by pb2.
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Boring question: what's a good mini pump?
  • jemima
    Free Member

Its been years since I've needed to buy one and not the most exciting product to research… What are people's favourites for quick inflation of large tyres, reliability etc?

R2
    Free Member

Topeak Mountain Morph…not small but in the camelback dont make a difference and no sweat…http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/SearchResults.aspx?Search=mountain+morph

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Blackburn. Lifetime warranty. 'nuff said.

Dangerboy
    Free Member

Lezyne alloy drive.
    But you'll really want a Micro Drive…

docrobster
    Free Member

+1 for the lezyne
    I love mine

technicallyinept
    Free Member

Had a topeak mountain morph for years – very good. Kinda tempted by the slightly smaller one (mini morph?) though,

househusband

There's a Crank Brothers pump going spare if you want it?

I could give you an OS grid reference, accurate to within 10m, should you wish to go find it; it was thrown away at the weekend by someone I was riding with – he thought he'd try using his own pump before mine…

Another vote for the Mountain Morph!

trail_rat
    Free Member

mountain morph here …

the blackburn is no where near as good …. ive had airsticks , mtn airs and another one they do …. all ok – none great … the morph is just like a small track pump – love it … can get full psi (100) in to a road tire too without bustin me baws

Driller
    Free Member

Blackburn Mammoth. The best MTB mini-pump bar none. Super-reliable, lifetime guarantee.

No more pumping like a lunatic for half an hour with a tiny roadie-sized pump. You want volume not pressure with your MTB mini-pump.

Andy

mountain morph

trail_rat
    Free Member

that was the other one i had – the mammoth

Andy

Yeah I have a mammoth as well and they are good, and the lifetime warrantee is good, but I think the M Morph works so much betterer 😆

z1ppy

Used & owned a Blackburn, bought a MTN morph as a replacement, fixed the BB with a new o-ring, but I still carry/use the MM. The BB's are good pumps, but the MM's a much better pump IMO,

Resin42
    Free Member

technicallyinept – Member
    Had a topeak mountain morph for years – very good. Kinda tempted by the slightly smaller one (mini morph?) though,

Avoid the mini, after a promising start it's given me nothing but grief.

nickc

Another vote for the Lezyne, first mini pump I'd actually recommend. Works well and built well. looks nice

Tyredocter
    Free Member

Revelution Mini Track Pump from edinburghbicyclecoop.co.uk

toons
    Free Member

mountain morph

Jamie
    Free Member

Topeak Mountain Morph

This^. I am a flash bastard and have the Turbo Morph tho, which is the same pump, just with a gauge on it.

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Mountain Morph. Nthed…

As used by most of the guide types I know too, who spend an inordinate amount of time blowing up other peoples tyres.

coogan
    Free Member

mountain morph

ahwiles
    Free Member

i've got a Leyzne thingy, it's very nice, but not actually any better than my other pump:

which cost about £3

and yes, it fits in my riding-bag.

wonnyj
    Free Member

Topeak.

Blackburn are all hype but made of cheese IME

pb2

Looks like I'm the only one voting for the Crank pump, I have binned my Blackburn and Topeak ones ! The Crank unit feels and works so much better and hi low volume bit clinches it for me.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Boring question: what's a good mini pump?’ is closed to new replies.