Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • boring phone question
  • oddjob
    Free Member

I know this gets covered often here, but I’ll ask anyway.
    I need a new phone, my iphone 3G is almost unusably slow so I’m going to change it. Work will pay so I don’t really care what it costs, most of my colleagues are getting iphone 4Ss.
    I am considering something else. I wouldn’t mind trying android or even the new Nokia Lumia 800 for a bit of windows action.
    So what should it be?
    1: Android – all singing, all dancing Samsung Galaxy S2 or Sony Experia Arc or
    2: maybe go for something practical like the experia active (dust and water proof) or fit in your pocket xperia mini pro
    3: stick with apple iphone 4S as it is small ish and all i need to do is plug it in and I can keep all of my apps and things.

I guess 3 is the logical option, but I’m interested in opinions. At the end of the day it is just a phone. I use it for mail, calendar, podcasts and calling. Anything else is just entertainment whilst I’m sitting on the bog.

MarkyG82

Been using android for 2 years now. Love it. I am very geeky when it comes to phones and happily flash custom software onto anything. Android is good for this. Saying that, my gf, my bros wife and my mates wife are all proper noobs and love android (one of them coming from iPhone 3g). So they are for everyone and will do all you want and more.

Iphone 4s is a good choice but the update is over rated IMO. Still worth a look though.

As is WP7. Easy to use if a fair bit different to android or iOS. But still new and has a lack of apps etc.

If you decide to go Android, steer clear of sony er’. Seen lots of failty hardware and the skin they put on top really slows things down. GSII is a great choice as is the new Moto razr. If you can hold out for the release date (19th?) I’d go for the new galaxy nexus. Its the new Android flagship model running the latest software and will get the latest updates as soon as they are released. It basically a curved version of the GSII.

So to recap. Android – GSII, Moto Razr or Galaxy Nexus.
    Iphone – Iphone 🙂

oddjob
    Free Member

Having written out the question (as is often the way) I more or less knew that the answer was going to be get another iphone.

I don’t care about the cost as I am not paying and I can’t be bothered to learn a new operating system or get my nicely arranged itunes account figured out to work in Android land.

Thanks for the feedback about Sony though 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘boring phone question’ is closed to new replies.