Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Boring, I know, but Paypal advice needed, please!
  • chunkymonkey
    Free Member

Sold a phone on the classifieds a couple of weeks ago. The guy paid for it via Paypal Gift and it was sent Special Delivery. The day it was delivered Paypal e-mailed me saying the bank had reversed the payment due to the buyer not receiving it, and the whole amount was taken out of my account without them even contacting me first.

I mailed Paypal saying I have proof of delivery, plus the guy mailed me saying he had received it, yet they still won’t give me my money back. I thought that Paypal Gift was for service’s and couldn’t be refunded anyway? Just to wind me up even more, I tried to open a dispute with Paypal because I bought a set of bars on here three weeks ago and the bloke has disappeared – and they say I can’t because PPG is for service’s only and not goods. How come they take money off me for one transaction yet won’t give it back on another?

Anyone ever have a similar experience, not too bothered about the bars as they were cheap and it was half my fault for dealing with someone who advertised on his first post. But I can’t really afford to lose the money for the phone 😥

highclimber
    Free Member

Probably doesn’t help you now but, Never use PP gift for items purchased or sold. Gift is just that – a way to pay someone for a birthday or that £20 you borrowed because you forgot your wallet at the pub.
    Hope you get it resolved

chunkymonkey
    Free Member

Cheers HC – think I’ve learned my lesson over the last few days!!

DezB
    Free Member

Paypal e-mailed me saying the bank had reversed the payment due to the buyer not receiving it

They refunded a GIFT because the buyer hadn’t received an item?

That’s amazing!

Sounds like you’ve been stitched up and I can’t think of a way round it. Sorry.

d45yth
    Free Member

plus the guy mailed me saying he had received it, yet they still won’t give me my money back.

If Paypal won’t change it, why doesn’t the bloke who bought the phone pay you again?

chunkymonkey
    Free Member

Dez – have tried explaining it was a ‘Gift’ payment but just keep getting the same, scripted answer that the payment has been reversed due to not receiving the goods. The buyer has been in contact saying he’ll help out so all is not lost!!

BoardinBob

The buyer has been in contact saying he’ll help out so all is not lost!!

Hmm

Paypal e-mailed me saying the bank had reversed the payment due to the buyer not receiving it

Surely the buyer told his bank he didn’t receive it, or have they just done it of their own accord?

chunkymonkey
    Free Member

No idea mate – am going to give it until tomorrow then ask the guy if he’ll send the money through again, once he has checked to see if he has received it – and not by bloody Paypal!!

DezB
    Free Member

If the buyer will help out ask him to re-pay by bank transfer.

If he’s had the gift payment refunded then he won’t be losing out.

Or ask for the phone back.

BoardinBob

Someone must have told the bank, and logically that would be the seller. Seems strange he’d offer help now if that is the case 😕

br
    Free Member

and not by bloody Paypal!!

man abuses system, then blames system… 😯

Irish_AL
    Free Member

Speak to them on the phone, dont use that automated answer thing you will end up going round in circles and pulling your hair out 😡

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Boring, I know, but Paypal advice needed, please!’ is closed to new replies.