Viewing 33 posts - 121 through 153 (of 153 total)
  • Why does STW forum attract so many of life's losers.
  • rOcKeTdOg

Anyone who posts on an internet forum is a loser by definition

Oh…hang on 😳

redthunder
    Free Member

Especially the ones with “P” by there names 😉

Dancake
    Free Member

I am a loser ‘cos I am posting outside of work hours. Look at the weather; I SHOULD BE ON MY BIKE!

wwaswas

You know that the ‘P’ just denotes proficiency in appropriate use of their and there, don’t you? 😉

Can you see what I did they’re?

yossarian
    Free Member

This isn’t like real life

In real life people can see the people they are talking with and usually make a choice to be in their company.

The comfort of strangers has it’s attractions but never mistake it or apply real world logic to it.

redthunder
    Free Member

wwaswas – Member

Your amazing ! 😉

I thought all the “P’s” were silent and your all could rick 😉

See what I did over there 😉

bullheart
    Free Member

*reported again for swearing*

yunki
    Free Member

this forum absolutely sickened and enraged me when I first started using it..
    it seemed like some weird online fetish club for socially inept Tory Boy characters to come together and bully strangers with jeering and pedantry and sarcasm.. I hung in though because I was completely intrigued, I figured that the utter bellends were probably just a few bad apples, and I really needed to learn from some realworld experience on a couple of MTB related topics..

now I casually log on daily and behave exactly like the bellends that so repulsed me.. usually over my cornflakes without a care in the world..

hivemind, borg, STW.. call it what you will, this place is very very unsavoury and you WILL be assimilated..

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Out of interest, and veering slightly off topic, who else checked the thread to see if it was about them?

😳

RealMan
    Free Member

But is allowed to carry on as normal here as if nothing had happened?

Obviously not 🙄

Coyote
    Free Member

😆

randomjeremy
    Free Member

I only come here to reinforce my sense of superiority. Think of it as the online equivalent of a trip to Asda, you can’t help but come away feeling better about yourself 🙂

CountZero

I checked out of curiosity and found that one off the cuff remark had caused the OP to start up a whiny rant and called me a loser because he’s a bit thin skinned. 🙄
    Oh, and freetard? http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Freetard
    Sound like anyone on here?

cynic-al
    Free Member

bless…

coffeeking
    Free Member

Did I miss something? Neither of countzeros posts in the linked thread seemed aggressive or a problem in any way? Does someone have their hormones in a twist or did i miss a deleted post?

Edukator
    Free Member

When at a school in Germany recently the only thing important enough to call a general staff meeting was Internet abuse/bullying.

Five kids expelled from the school Madame works in here in the last year. One for theft, one for literlly playing with fire and three for Internet abuses.

The reason it’s taken so seriously in school is that the victims of cyberbullying are reckoned to be four time more likely to commit suicide. Overall youth suicide rates are down in some countries though, notably those with high Internet use. I can produce no evidence for my views but I speculate that the social and supportive role of Internet communities has a positive effect that outweighs the negative effect of cyberbullying. On STW there’s usually mix: support from the hand ringers, home truths from the preceptive and mockery from the inept.

Don’t worry that we may have been responsible for our recent loss, the guy got positive posts about the stuff he did and I don’t remember him ever being involved in a barny on the chat forum – I rarely read or post on the bike bit, bikes just aren’t worth arguing about.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

STW reflects life in many ways and reminded me of BBC’s Question Time especially last night. Generally interesting and informative, sometimes amusing, sometimes irritating, moderated with varying degrees of skill and success. And then there is the bully character -aka Prescott last night. Talks nonsense, shouts down more informed people (women last night), gets easily ripped apart (like all bullies), shouts louder and repetitively, throws insults around and finally looks a fool. A true mirror on society!

BruceWee

It’s all sex related. The more you’re getting the more you get. The less you’re getting the less you get. If you’re getting none you better resign yourself to a prolonged dry spell.

After two years you might as well give up on the hope of ever getting your end away again and start posting on internet forums instead.

smell_it
    Free Member

Obviously not

Yeah, but you are sitting sweet with a pocket full of skanked cash, so who’s the winner really?

voodoo_chile

Faceless keyboard warriors, giving out abuse because they would not do it face to face……..come on then!

jfletch
    Free Member

Gotta love that there is 4 pages of waffle about when someone said something mildly nobish about ME ME ME!

Oh and CountZero, chill out. I ignored your original post because it was just a bit petty and irelivant. Maybe you should have done the same here.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

it was just a bit petty and irelivant irrelevant.

😆

Junkyard
    Free Member

support from the hand ringers, home truths from the preceptive and mockery from the inept.

so you plumped for mockery from the inept again 🙄

Sometimes on STW there is such delicious irony in peoples posts [ yes i know 😳 ]

sootyandjim
    Free Member

Mr Woppitt – Its all about covers dontchaknow?

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y6QsoCys5U[/video]

Edukator
    Free Member

Junkyard can’t resist commenting on my post in a less than positive manner as usual and finding things in it I’m sure I didn’t type.

I’m still trying to work out who I’m mocking and where the irony is? Unless it’s the incorrect spelling of wringing. Care to explain, Junkyard.

Junkyard
    Free Member

If you think calling someone a hand ringer is not mocking then I disagree
    that is the irony and then I mocked you for mocking hence the irony in mine.

Cougar

The wise man mocks the man, the mocked man mocks the mocker.

Junkyard
    Free Member

that is too clever for me , which one am i again?

Oh and which one are you ?

DezB
    Free Member

I like that Cougar. It’s got a ring to it.

Is Edukator suggesting that adults on here may respond in the same way as children to “internet bullying”?

Edukator
    Free Member

But I haven’t named any hand wringers or made fun of them so I haven’t mocked anyone, Junkyard. I could talk about the STW fatties but unless I name one I’m not mocking anyone. For anyone to be insulted they’d have to consider themselves to be a hand wringer or fat in which case they should also recongnise I’m stating a fact rather than mocking unless I add something derogatory about hand wringers or fatties.

Some posters on STW are hand wringers and some are fat. Fact, not mockery. Mockery would include making fun of those characteristics which I haven’t.

And the irony, where’s that?

Cougar

I like that Cougar. It’s got a ring to it.

I can’t claim originality, mind. Anyone know what it’s from without Googling? (-:

Junkyard
    Free Member

So the term hand wringer is not at all a term of mockery for people you disagree with ?
    No one would describe themselves as a hand wringer any more than someone right wing would describe themselves as a swivelled eyed loon
    I have not named anyone as a swivelled eyed loon so am not mocking their views now am i for example. Its not a strong/good argument IMHO.

you used a term of mockery to describe those you disagree with whilst saying only the inept use mockery.
    there are lots of other phrases tin foil hat wearing conspiracist that convey your mockery for the person/ their view.

Edukator
    Free Member

Sometimes I’m one of the hand wringers myself. Check out some of my contributions to eco/end of the civilised world threads. Sometimes I’m a swivel-eyed loon too if I think it will help me get my way in real life. There’s not much to be gained from doing it on here though.

What you’ve been doing on this thread I would most definitely define as hand wringing, Junkyard. Trying to impose your own version of over-the-top political correctness on another poster who doesn’t agree with you, with your judgemental comments, and over-deep analysis of a pretty harmless initial post that included a couple of paragraphs of relevant content and a perceptive view of how STWers behave – a view very much confirmeded by your overtly aggressive posts aimed at me in response to my posts that were in no way aimed at yourself. You have done exactly what I was talking about when I refered to hand wringing.

Viewing 33 posts - 121 through 153 (of 153 total)

The topic ‘Why does STW forum attract so many of life's losers.’ is closed to new replies.