Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Bomproof 29er Wheels
  • Teetosugars
    Free Member

Whats good in the world of 29er wheels?

I’m no lightweight, at over 100kgs, so want something pretty rock solid..

Cheers..

ton

kris holm unicycle rims, sapim strong spokes, hope pro2 hubs.

I know a bloke who is a fair bit heftier than you, who used these for a fair few years…….. 😉

sandwicheater

With my kit on I’ll be easily over 100kg and have had no problems with Stan Flows 29er on Hope Pro II Evo hubs.

Llandegla, Hebden, Peaks riding.

BillOddie

Pacenti DL31 or Stans Flow EX built by your wheel builder of choice.

Northwind

Anyone tried the new 821 yet? Always found Mavic 8XX rims to be less dingy than Flows… Maybe not outright stronger, but tougher.

fatgit
    Free Member

Hi
    I have a set of sun Ringle Pro Chatger wheels that seem stiff and sturdy.
    Equivalent of stans Flow rieasily mDe tubeless.
    As a matter of fact they’ll be for sale shortly as I’ve gone for something a bit lighter!
    Email in profile if any interest
    Cheers
    Steve

hatter

Also well over 100KG’s here and I’ve been using 29er Mavic crossmax’s on my Fortitude for the past few years after finding most J-bend 29er wheels too flexy.

So far I’ve had to true the rear and nip up the bearing tension once and that’s it, very impressed.

doug_basqueMTB.com

Flows looks strong. I´m using Mavic ST´s and they are fantastic. I haven´t had to adjust anything and they are pretty much true.

al

I’m a fat bastard (honesty is the best policy) and put WTB i-23 rims, Hope hubs on my 29er. Laced them with Sapim spokes myself. Stiff, not heavy and no issues. Nice. I wanted a wider rim than most wheelsets provided, we big fellas need a bit more sidewall support.

doug_basqueMTB.com

I should say, I´m between 80 and 90kg but always with a big bag. Tend to ride a lot of rough stuff and am more bee-stingy than butterfly-floaty I think.

Clobber
    Free Member

flows on hope

damascus
    Free Member

Flow ex on hope hubs (hoops) antor stiniog, snowdon etc. A few drinks but still true and tubeless

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Forgot to say, its for a Fargo, so need to check rear spacing..
    As I’m guessing its different to an MTB?

damascus
    Free Member

The Fargo takes standard 135 mtb hubs

wobbliscott
    Free Member

The Transition Revolution 28’s i’ve got on my Covert 29 seem pretty bomb proof. I ran the rear wheel minus 2 spokes for about 4 rides with the usual jumps and drops (nothing worthy of YouTube, but not insignificant) after I managed to get my rear mech tangled up in the spokes, and I weight in at a hefty 90kg, and they never lost their true and felt completely solid. No lightweights as they come in at around 2kg’s for the wheelset, but i’d rather carry around an extra few hundred grams and have a bomb proof set of wheels.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

The Fargo takes standard 135 mtb hubs

Ace, cheers for the drop. 🙂

tommid
    Free Member

I’m about 110KG and I load my bike up for bike packing and I run a set of Halo Freedom discs on Hope Pro2 and Alfine, with no issues. Wheels built 3 cross with dt double butted spokes.

Nipper99
    Free Member

American Classic All Mountain wheelset on my Gryphon and they have been faultless in the 3 years I have had them.

Nipper99
    Free Member

p.s. there was a pair for sale on here at the w/e.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Bomproof 29er Wheels’ is closed to new replies.