Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Body Armour (torso)
  • big-chief-96
    Free Member

After trying my hand at freeride I’ve realized I have a lot to learn and probably need body Armour. Obviously I’ll get some knee/shin guards but was thinking about a full torso thing like a 661 pressure suit etc. or one of the ones from Nukeproof. Any recommendations for things i should look out for? My riding involves a lot of over the handlebars style failed, unintentional super mans etc.

cheers

xiphon
    Free Member

I might be selling my 661 pressure suit – forearms, chest, shoulders, spine and kidney belt.

Size large IIRC. In very good nick!

I’m downsizing to a ‘core saver’ (spine/chest only).

Oh, and also got some padded shorts, and knee/leg protection too… in fact, you could probably have most of my gear!

5AM
    Free Member

Sounds like you need a lesson with UK Bike skills before you do yourself some serious damage and put yourself off the bike for a long time.

If you can afford it, you definitely won’t regret it and it will protect you far better.

xiphon
    Free Member

protect you far better.

Debatable…

big-chief-96
    Free Member

what price were you thinking xiphon? Im 6.2″ with about a 6.3″ armspan.

mikey74
    Free Member

I use a 661 Core Saver and find it a great compromise between protection and comfort. Cheaper too.

Everyone’s answer seems to be “go for a skills course”: That is fine, and probably recommended, but ultimately dh and freeriding can be a hazardous pastime and a bit of protection is always recommended, even if you are the most skilled rider in the world.

chakaping
    Free Member

At teh cheaper end of the market Brand X armour is worth a look, often discounted at CRC.

If you have a fat wallet then POC armour is very comfy.

big-chief-96
    Free Member

My mates are perfectly skilled and are teaching me, I just seem to have bad luck :-/ really, a skills coarse would probably do me little good, I know what I should do just don’t do it, steady practice will get me there. Hence the looking for armour instead of a course.

xiphon
    Free Member

@ big-chief-96

YGM 🙂

scruff
    Free Member

661 core saver for me, will protect ribs & back, quite comfy & well made for price. Not much shoulder protection though and alot of folk hurt shoulders in proper crashes.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Dainese Gladiator Evo for sale if you fancy it…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Body Armour (torso)’ is closed to new replies.