Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Bob Yak with horizontal dropouts?
  • ditch_jockey
    Free Member

I’m currently on the hunt for a Bob Yak or EBC-clone trailer, and the plan is to use it with a horizontal drop out Inbred for shopping, firewood hauling and so on.

It hadn’t occurred to me until today, that having horizontal drop outs as an attachment point might cause problems, especially with a heavy load. Does anyone have any experience of such a set up?

trail_rat
    Free Member

so long as your using a QR to secure the wheel you will be fine

if your really worried you could make up some adaptors for the rack mounts (if you have em) using bolts and spacers to create a similar mounting to that of the QR. – i did that on my GF rig when using a pro 2 SS out the back with bolts

gazc
    Free Member

ran my trailer on my old genesis day with horizontal drop outs fine – i did have a 10mm bolt up hub with EBC trailer axle nuts but didnt have any issue with slipping. i got them from my lbs (EBC newcastle) but available online too here

btw: hauled plenty of heavy gear including van batteries, lumps of metal for my van etc on it and it held up well!

coastkid
    Free Member

BOB Yak can be used with above nuts on a SS/internal hub or with a regular BOB QR on horizontal dropouts,
    (Fat)BoB Yak is ideal for hauling firewood 😉

12,4,11 016 by coastkid71, on Flickr

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Bob Yak with horizontal dropouts?’ is closed to new replies.