Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • BMW E90/E91 Owners
  • solamanda
    Free Member

I’ve never owned a car approaching as good as this, but the handling is surprisingly impressive even with front tires that need replacing.

Plus the ride quality on the 18″ wheels, with the M-Sport Suspension and run flats is much smoother than forum dwellers would make you think.

Miles better than the ride quality of a standard 1 series with 17s I’ve driven.

I guess I should post a pic…

mindmap3
    Free Member

That’s lovely. The best colour combo too (but then I’d say that as our 330 is the same).

As much as I love ours, I wish that I’d hung on for a touring. I think it’s better looking than the saloon and is much more practical.

I know people bang on about the ride on run flats but it’s not that bad, although I do find myself scanning the road for pot holes more than I used to. The pre-LCI rear lights is something that a lot of people hate too, but I don’t think they’re that bad. I also prefer the the pre-LCI wing mirrors compared to the big horrible square things that came either the face lift (sad I know).

I still don’t think you can bear a six pot. It’s not just the power, but the noise as well.

mssansserif
    Free Member

Ditch the run flats as soon as you can. Expensive, harsh, not kind on alloys and easy to wear the edges with low pressure.

Although I suppose that 1 time in 5 years you get a flat it might be worth it?

peterfile
    Free Member

that’s really really nice solamanda 🙂

Keep us updated on how you get on with it!

solamanda
    Free Member

I’ve had it now for a couple months and just over 3k miles. Obviously it’s really nice, it makes longer journeys a doddle. It allows you to take almost motorbike style overtakes for when you get stuck behind slow cars, the acceleration at any speed is nothing but impressive.

The ride quality is far better than expected for the sports suspension, by in far the best I’ve driven but with the bonus of the good handling. The speed you can hit a piece of dry tarmac is pretty bonkers for the size of the car.

I’ve had one electrical issue with a failed brake pad sensor but this was a cheap repair but it flew through MOT. The MPG is as expected, down to 32mpg if driven within an inch of it’s life and up to 42mpg cruising at 70mph on flat roads. Typical average is 35mpg.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

This thread is dangerous. I thought the Vrs was plenty fast enough but I’m a bit underwhelmed by the handling. Now I’m finding myself looking for 330 petrol Tourers. Must resist!!!!

I went from a mk2 Octavia vRS to a 330I M-Sport Touring and its in a different league, not only in speed but in refinement and build quality. Only thing that was better in the Octavia was the boot was a touch bigger but don’t let any internet hearsay put you off by thinking the boot is ‘too small’. They’re not. We did a week in Devon at Easter – 2 of us, the two kids and all the associated crap we lug around with those two and the only reason we needed the roof box was for the pushchair and the eldests bike.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘BMW E90/E91 Owners’ is closed to new replies.