Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Bluetooth Headphones for music/calls while riding
  • mark85xc
    Free Member

Casting legal issues aside for a moment, anyone use a bluetooth headphones for music and calls while riding?

Found a Sony model with headphones but the mic is on the ear, can’t imagine it would cope well with outside noise.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

I’ve got some gear4 bluphones which are pretty good. The mic is also on the ear with these but seems to cope fine.

reviews here

I’ve not used these more than a couple of times (don’t need them). They’re still sat in the box since Christmas.
    Let me know if you’re interested and I’ll figure out a price.

honourablegeorge

Didn’t someone do a bluetooth helmet (or a bluetooth helmet attachment) for just this purpose a while back?

Looked useful

plodtv
    Free Member

Ecky-Thump, how would them headphones fare if you were running?

grum
    Free Member

I enjoy having my phone switched off while riding TBH.

ooOOoo
    Free Member

Got these built into my burton helmet for snowboarding….hmm wonder if I could bodge then onto my MTB helmet….they would make good earwarmers at least

I didn’t try a high speed call on the piste so no idea how wind noise works for the person on the other end!

ooOOoo
    Free Member

I enjoy having my phone switched off while riding TBH

Ooops, I think you picked the wrong thread then

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

plodtv,
    Fine I’d expect for running too. The retention effect is mainly from the springy wire connection so they stay in place well, the interchangeable in-ear earpieces help but you’re not reliant on them for fit, just mainly to preserve sound quality. I only ever used the stubby ones that don’t go right into your ear canal (I didn’t fancy that idea!)

kiwijohn

I’ve got some of those Gear4s under another name.
    Work well, supposed to be water resistant. The rubber ear pieces improve the sound, if they fit you. Good battery life & connectivity. All the weight is on the side, so they’re stable enough for running. I don’t, by the way.
    I got the to replace my Motorola S9s, which were a tad more secure, but all the weight was at the back. Would have got S10s if I could have found them, but these were very cheap for BT headphones.

honourablegeorge

This is the thing – turns your helmet into a bluetooth speaker

http://www.tunebug.com/products/shake/

FuzzyWuzzy

I wear these when solo training http://www.play.com/Mobiles/Mobile/4-/13952197/Plantronics-Backbeat-903-Stereo-Bluetooth-Headphones/Product.html?_%24ja=tsid:11518|cat:13952197|prd:13952197
    sound quality is OK (given you’ll always have background wind noise I wouldn’t worry too much about it anyway), only ever answered one call – seemed OK (buttons are pretty small though) caller could hear me OK although I did slow down.

There’s probably something better on the market now though, at the time most reviews seem to suggest even the ones tagged for sports broke after a while due to sweat, mine are still going strong after 18 months though. A few of the more popular models (like the Motorola ones) seemed to have a big bar at the back which I thought might interfere with the helmet cradle.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Bluetooth Headphones for music/calls while riding’ is closed to new replies.