Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Bluetooth car hands free kits that plays music from phone to car stereo
  • ritchiearmstrong
    Free Member

hi there

can anyone recommend a blue hands free kit that enables me to play music stored on my phone through my car stereo?

I’ve been looking at the Parrot MKi9200 but its more than i’d like to spend.

Any recommendations?

Timn
    Free Member

Sony BT3900U works very well

ritchiearmstrong
    Free Member

Sony head unit looks great, unfortunately i cant change the head unit as it has controls for onboard computer 🙁

Xylene
    Free Member

Parrot something or other – what I use, not the one with the display, but that can be added.

Can be fitted yourself or professionaly, has a separate remote control. I really like it.

steviegil
    Free Member

I’ve got the mki9200 that you mention and its great, well worth the cash..

Xylene
    Free Member

^ That is the one.

Ipod, USB and line in plus bluetooth. voice dialing, and says who is calling.

steviegil
    Free Member

What you have to be wary off if buying the 9200 and wanting to use an iPod, you need to make sure your device is compatible, my 2 older iPods are not but I tend to use usb or stream from phone which both work well..

adscatt
    Free Member

The Bury phone kits are nice with a touch screen, not sure if it will fit your budget.

DickBarton

It won’t play to your stereo, just plays through the speakers…but the stereo can adjust the volume (and I think the Parrot device can do volume adjustments as well)…the system basically plugs into your audio system between the stereo and power and stereo and speakers so it integrates into the flow of power and sound through the system…it doesn’t interact with the stereo in the sense, nothing is sent to the stereo for the stereo to do…

It is a very good system and pretty easy to install (assuming you can easily access the back of the stereo and cables)…once installed it is very neat and dead easy to use.

Might be a bit more than you want to spend but once you have it you will be wondering why you didn’t do it before – it’s not the sort of thing you take your mates to your car to show but it just makes things so simple once done.

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

I bought the MKi9200 recently, got a little-used used one from ebay for £100.

Only issue is it doesn’t permit traffic announcements if you’re listening to music from the Parrot, and the sound quality is a bit harsh. I really like it and the handsfree dialing, etc, works really well. Gets the occasional blip where the phone/unit have a tiff between them but most of the time it’s great.
    Make sure you update the firmware to the latest if you do buy one.
    It can be a bit of a pig to install if you’re short of space behind your dashboard.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Bluetooth car hands free kits that plays music from phone to car stereo’ is closed to new replies.