Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Bluepig vs mmmbop
  • LMT
    Free Member

Is there a difference im not spotting?? the only one is can see is the headset is different sized. Is there anything else ive missed?

A mate is after one as a trail bike, blasting round cannock and the odd welsh trip, having seen my custom build P7 and another riders On-One he likes the idea of building up one thats just his.

Any other recommendations for a frame that takes 140mm travel and on the cheaper side??

* Sorry if this is daft question of the day!

brant
    Free Member

the only one is can see is the headset is different sized. Is there anything else ive missed?

about a pound and a half, and the stuff it's made from.

DT78
    Free Member

Aluminium versus Steel….

ton

i owned both of the above bikes.
    the blue pig is one of the comfiest bikes i have ever ridden.
    i rode a 45 mile dales ride the day after building it, and did not suffer in any way.

the mm bop however is a better climbing bike, and also felt a bit more planted on descents.
    it is however one of the ugliest bikes i have ever owned, and there have been many.

so steel wins for me. 8)

LMT
    Free Member

Thanks, ive re-read the descriptions! thanks again!

Jamie
    Free Member

Any other recommendations for a frame that takes 140mm travel and on the cheaper side??

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/the-definitive-which-long-travel-xc-steel-ht

DT78
    Free Member

I have just recently bought an mmmbop, finished building it weds so it's had one 2hr ride round my local trails.

If I'm honest I was expecting it to be really harsh (I haven't ridden a aluminium hard tail for 5 year+) and was surprised it wasn't at all in my opinion.

I would have thought they would ride exactly the same up/down given they have the same geometry, just the 'feel' would be different – if that makes sense? My defining reason for going with the mmmbop is it is quite a bit lighter than the blue pig and it was replacing a bike that whilst a lot of fun, I've got sick of lugging around at 35lb. The idea was to try to build it up to a similar weight to my charge duster (25lb), my build which is quite robust comes in at around 26-27lb so pretty chuffed.

I'm not sure with it at the moment, one ride isn't enough to give it justice. One thing for definite is that I'm not happy with a 50mm stem and 685mm bars…needs to be run with wider, I'm thinking burgtec RW's (like my susser).

Need to get to afan to try it out properly.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Bluepig vs mmmbop’ is closed to new replies.