Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Blackspire Stinger Chain Tensioner – do they generate much noise ?
  • zinger
    Free Member

Hi

I'm currently running my cranks with just a middle and granny chainrings with an e13 bash guard – which is a great config for where I ride

But even with chain shortend and a medium cage rear mech when i'm going down rough stuff the chain slaps around and make a fair bit of noise

But apart from when I'm going down particulary bumpy stuff my bike is nice and silent

I was thinking about getting a Blackspire Stinger Chain Tensioner to stop the chain slap – but can any stinger owners tell me how much noise does the stinger make when the chain is going though it ?

Thanks

Zinger

jam-bo

Not too bad, but the I've got mine on a five so it would be hard to hear above the racket anyway.

nols
    Free Member

got mine on a pitch. pretty quiet, dont really notice it.

soobalias
    Free Member

a bit.
    not enough to notice off-road, noticable if the surface is smooth, some chain rub against the side plate climbing in granny. At worst it sounds like the gears need a slight tweak (perhaps they do)

treefeller
    Free Member

None that i can here [Lappiere Spicy ] Good luck finding one! Everywhere i tried was out of stock [3 weeks ago ] I ended up getting my nephew in Canada to send one over.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Mine is silent

nols
    Free Member

CRC have them, as do Marshalls in Welwyn if you want to buy from a shop.

16stonepig
    Free Member

Perfectly quiet, until the bearing seizes up. Which will be about 2 rides in.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Blackspire Stinger Chain Tensioner – do they generate much noise ?’ is closed to new replies.