Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 83 total)
  • Do you really all wear long fingered gloves all the time?
  • buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I like thin full fingered ones (661 comp ATM), they are like horse riding gloves. They feel nice to me and give some protection from brambles and nettles. Still get callouses though.

atlaz
    Free Member

Full finger gloves all year round. They don't make my hands sweat and have saved me from numerous cuts and grazes over the years. Don't feel quite right not wearing gloves either.

CountZero

Haven't worn mitts for years and years, and I prefer armour on the fingers and knuckles as well. I've had bramble and blackthorn go right through the vinyl armour on Fox, TLD and Rocket Race Parts gloves, smacked tree trunks with my knuckles and smashed car mirrors when they've intruded into my road space. I could never go back to lightweight gloves, and I just don't notice any extra heat issues. Oakley Factory Pilot's are my favourites.

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

Full fingered – never ever thought about anything different – maybe cos I am always dodging trees here on Cannock Chase – every little helps..

GW
    Free Member

Haven't been wearing gloves for about a month, survived Glencoe and Ft William (rode better without them) so don't think I'll be bothering with em again (maybe for XC or roadbike in the winter)

hitman
    Free Member

No

emac65
    Free Member

I'm just happy to find a pair in my garage,sometimes full fingered,sometimes not & sometimes one of each…….

IanMunro
    Free Member

That's debatable Ian .. could just be said taht you aren't pushing yourself to the limits

I have no limits, they're for lesser people 🙂

Rio

I used to ride without gloves until a mechanical failure caused me to fall off on tarmac leading to a painful hour picking gravel out of my palm with forceps. After that I went to fingerless gloves but have been using full-fingered since last year when an unexpected encounter with a bramble led to a trip to A&E to have the end of my thumb stuck back on. It's always the things you least expect that get you 😕

Oggles
    Free Member

I have been wearing Troy Lee XC year round for the past two years, including the daily commute.

The freezing fingers in winter counteracts any overheating in the summer.

jwt
    Free Member

Full fingered (sounds wrong some how……)
    but then, I don't feel comfortable riding without a helmet and gloves.

juan
    Free Member

yes… I have nowt else.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Never wear them for anything.

Unless its freezing cold.

Grimy
    Free Member

Full fingered gloves for all the reasons above, and because the wind dries out my poor eczema prone fingers if I dont keep em covered. Just regard them as basic esential protective wear along with a pair of bins for me mince pies and an helmet.

Inzane
    Free Member

full fingered all the time. Short fingered are less comfy (often bunch at the base of the finger) and are a PITA to take off compared to full fingers.

I used to sometimes ride without gloves until I had a small crash and put a big gash in the heel of my hand. Riding without gloves is asking for hurty hands if you come off.

juiced
    Free Member

full fingered all year around.

Kato

I only have full finger gloves. THe ones with the fingertips missing look ridiculous

4ndyB
    Free Member

Full finger gloves all year round.

Haven't owned any mitts in over 15 years.

valleydaddy
    Free Member

full fingered for me

I always have and always will

langy
    Free Member

Always; on- or off-road.

Helps avoid sunburn down here in the Aussie sun too… 😛

Onzadog
    Free Member

Full finger all the time. Not matter how hot it gets, I've never found that exposing the tips of my fingers help me regulate my body temperature.

owenfackrell
    Free Member

Full fingered in winter and nowt in summer. I like the feeling of the brezze on the back of my hands plus it means i don't end up with white hand and brown arms. I do have some scars on the palms of my hands from craching on gravel with out gloves but i have only crashed like that once.
    Oh and i also like the bramble scars.

Zoolander
    Free Member

Full fingererd. Off road they save me from the gorse on road they have saved me from gravel rash at least once!

yunki
    Free Member

I never bothered with gloves unless it was in the depths of winter to keep out the cold until a few years back when a mate was helping me out with getting a bike built up from donated parts and scrap during a bit of a biking crisis..

We got it all together and the guy was ticking off his mental list of things that we would need for a first ride… when he mentioned gloves I tried to protest saying that I didn't use them but he thought I was just being proud so he threw me a pair of liteweight XC gloves.. I wore them to be polite and have worn gloves ever since.. feel naked without them now.

Bedds
    Free Member

Full fingered gloves all year round, it's been the same for probably 10 years too, I used to like those that had full length forefinger and thumb but couldn't find any when I needed to change gloves so bought full fingered and haven't looked back.

I'd feel really uneasy not wearing gloves?! – maybe I should learn to not crash, I'd also miss having somewhere to wipe the snot 😉

tiger_roach
    Free Member

Full fingered only when too cold for short fingered ones which I prefer – hate sweaty gloves.

tops5
    Free Member

Never used to wear gloves at all (too hot), but after my sweaty palm slipped off the grip going at speed at CYB I wear mitts all the time.

coffeeking
    Free Member

lol this really has shocked me! Not sure why, I just assumed few people would.

Falling off never really concerns me, it's one of those things where I assume that a bit of gravel rash will heal if I get it, otherwise no point thinking about it.

along with a pair of bins for me mince pies

?! Even in non-dusty situations?

ooOOoo
    Free Member

You are an inspiration

chakaping
    Free Member

Why have you got sweaty hands anyway? What have you been up to?

Dirty boy.

Chisel
    Free Member

Full finger all year round whether it's road or MTB as have been known to fall off occasionally!! :O)

alpinegirl
    Free Member

Full fingered for mountain biking, short ones for the road bike (in summer). I always make sure they have good pads on the palm after two different offs resulting in all the padding being removed as I slid along the ground… I would hate that to have been my flesh!

My main problem is the skin on my hands stays so white that I have sunburnt the tops of my hands before.

wors

I sweat like ghandi's flip flop, need to wear gloves to hold on!!

gog
    Free Member

Only when its cold, which isn't often here in sunny SA 😀

llama

Rigid – either road or MTB – if its warm enough – it has to be mitts. Generally they have much better padding than long fingered gloves.

Short travel forks, <100mm – it matters not

Long travel forks, has to be long fingers with NO PADDING. I find that you loose a certain amount of feel with padded gloves and suspension. That could be just in my head.

sonik
    Free Member

in short—yep!

ddmonkey

Yep always, I really don't like anything else.

glenh
    Free Member

Yes. Why would I only want to protect part of my hands?

Dickyboy

Fingerless mitts unless it's reet chilly, but never ever gloveless

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Yup, full fingered all the time. I don't get hot hands. I've got some mitts, but I can't wipe as much sweat off my forehead with them, its much easier to use the back of my fingers, and sunglasses smeared with sweat irritate me much more than slightly hot hands.

Only time I've taken them off was halfway riding up Ventoux, and by them my sunnies looked like they'd been coated in spunk anyway.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 83 total)

The topic ‘Do you really all wear long fingered gloves all the time?’ is closed to new replies.