Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Blackspire Stinger – anyone's fallen apart?
  • scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Bought a stinger last week and fitted it this morning. Went for my first ride this evening – looked down around 10 minutes in and was a bit pissed off to notice that the roller had disappeared!

Retraced my steps and was only able to find the bracket that the screw goes into to hold the roller on.

I was a bit concerned when fitting it that I was unable to do the screw up tightly because that would stop the roller turning.

Anyone had this happen with theirs? Where do I stand as far as warranty etc?

grumm
    Free Member

I don't remember doing it up tightly stopping the roller turning when I put mine on.

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Mine definitely couldn't be done up tightly. I wonder if it was assembled properly?

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

I can't get any of my 3 too tight.

nasher
    Free Member

Guys

There should be a little wsher between the plate and the wheel.

I can put mine up as tight as I want, also mine has been running for 3 years without problems, compared to my E13 one that fell apart after 3 months!

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Cheers. Definitely sounds like mine was assembled wrongly. I'll get in touch with CRC.

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Well, the good news is that CRC kindly replaced the roller and axle assembly. I put it on and it survived a day at Aston Hill yesterday.

However…

It definitely will not spin freely. TBH I haven't really noticed while riding, but am thinking on a more xc trip, dragging the chain over a stationary roller will only make it hard work.

If I loosen it a little, just so the roller spins and seal it with loctite, would it hold?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Blackspire Stinger – anyone's fallen apart?’ is closed to new replies.