Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • blackberry help!!!!
  • jedi

my outlook calendar has disapeared since i synced my blackberry torch. my old one used to be ok. now i have the calendar only on my blackberry. how do i get it on both again? arrgghhhhhh

scaredypants

all blackberry stuff is down 😳 the shitter at the moment isn’t it ? – may be OK once they fix whatever’s wrong at the internet end

captaincarbon
    Free Member

It all came back on again last night. phone went bloody mad for a few minutes!

jedi

but that shouldnt effect my sync. i lost my outlook calander on my laptop and now only have it on my bb. anyone know how to get it back on both?

bruneep

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101-how-setup-your-blackberry-sync-outlook

Look at the sync options, you can manage a device to outlook that should put info back onto outlook. Remember to create a back 1st before you do anything.

B

jedi

i tried that and no luck. no calendar on outlook still 🙁

hels
    Free Member

I would give it a few days – mine is getting sporadic emails and the browser is toasted.

I blame the Cylons, or maybe Skynet has sent a robot from the future etc. I always thought they would get us through the cash machines…

bruneep

You have no calendar or no content within the calendar?

jedi

no content in the calenedar. its only on my bb

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

I don’t understand how it could delete everything in Outlook but not on the phone.

It should definitely work using the sync options above but setting it to one way sync from device to Outlook. A two way sync will not fix the problem

Also have you checked that the tickbox against the calendar you use in Outlook is actually ticked – where it shows “my calendars”. Somehow it’s possible it’s got turned off so you are not see the calendar you normally use

bruneep

The device to outlook should work not two way sync

When you contacted your new handset it must have been Sync’ed before you got outlook to device. Did you create a back up at that point? (ipd file)

jedi

i have a back up. one way device to outlook isnt working

bigyinn
    Free Member

Its still got to go through BB’s servers, which have been borked since tues. Once its back up and running you should be able to sync as usual.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Its still got to go through BB’s servers, which have been borked since tues

Don’t think so – looks like Jedi is syncing directly with the PC using the Blackberry desktop app.

Another thought. Syncing sometimes stops working when there is a software or device upgrade pending. New versions of both just released. Do the update on both from the desktop screen then try again. It’s about a 15 minute process to update the phone firmware and reboot

hels
    Free Member

Cylons, I’m telling you…

bruneep

does device say any errors?

default calendar same as calendar on outlook?

“your outlook has a primary email address. usually when you hit compose new email/message, it automatically assumes youre sending it from the first email address you ever configured with outlook.

same thing with you BB. it creates all your new calendar events with the first email you ever synced with it. so when syncing bn BB and outlook, it should be the same primary email addresses.

go to settings, advanced options, default services and change you calendar (CICAL) to the same primary account as your outlook.

also you have to delete previous appointments in your BB calendar that was made with the non primary email account, and remake them with the default primary account and it will sync. Your BB calendar can make adjacent appointments for each email account. a new feature i never knew it had. “

http://forums.crackberry.com/desktop-manager-f153/calendar-wont-sync-outlook-399375/

Does BB software see device?

jedi

it seems my defult is my gmail acccount not my ukbikeskills account. dunno how to change it without losing the dates

GrahamS

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAG39jKi0lI[/video]

jedi

i cant find wether i’ll loose my calender dates on the bb if i change defult

bruneep

Ages since I had my BB so a lot is from memory can you not click on appointment and change default calendar, try one date. To see what happens.

jedi

ermmm i dunno 🙁 bikes are way easier

sm
    Free Member

I wouldnt make any changes as yet. The Blackberry servers still seem to be a bit hit and miss. Wait another day if you can, to see what happens once the servers are stable.

jedi

i rang o2 help and they said its set up error by me 🙁 arrgghhhhhhh

bruneep

and did they help to solve it?

jedi

no. my calendar is on my bb under gmail email but it is from my outlook and it wiped the outlook dates off my laptop. they are on my phone but it wont shift off my bb to my laptop. make sense?

bruneep

You need to decide which is your “default email” and your “default calendar” on the BlackBerry.. which of your two email accounts is the default? e.g. jedi@ukbikeskills.co.uk?

*Set that choice at Options > Device > Advanced System Settings > Default Services.

* i think

jedi

i have they are now both tony@ukbikeskills.co.uk but the calendar is still saying tony1jedi@gmail 🙁 so when i plug it into manager it cant find it

jedi

its doing my head in 🙁

bruneep

What have you done so far…..

Have you set the default to what it should be?

BB answers

jedi

i have but it wont load device to outlook 🙁

jedi

i been on the phone to both o2 and blackberry none helped at all just passsed the buck

jedi

i deleted the gmail acount on the handset and it placed everything on defualt. all sorted. jesus i need a beer

bruneep

Hurrah!

Now if you add the gmail don’t make it the default

jedi

i’ll sack off gmail 🙂

bruneep

Why? i had 3 gmail and 2 non gmail accounts on my bb without issue.

Also running the above on my HTC without issue.

jedi

dont want any more issues 🙂 safe!

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘blackberry help!!!!’ is closed to new replies.