Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Blackberry Bold 9700…….
  • Marmite
    Free Member

Anyone got one, are they any good, business users only need apply or are they a good phone for people just wanting to keep in touch etc?

can-uk
    Free Member

I have one.. the new trackpad is way better than the old ball.

I use it for work and personal use. the only real gripe is that i wished the battery lasted longer.

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

Trying to get us to have them in our place but I don't want to be able to get work e-mails when I'm at home thank you very much!

Marmite
    Free Member

Are you a Berry user because of work or was it your choice? Would you have chosen it if you weren't using it for work?

I'm looking for this to be my personal phone… messages, facebook, personal email etc, oh and the odd call!

sputnik
    Free Member

I have been using one for the last 2-3 months. It is a very good phone, does everything well. In retrospect I wish I got an Iphone instead, lot more fun. Blackberry has got a app store, but rather limited. But as a phone I can't fault it.

cakerider

Got one about a month ago as personal phone (no work use) and really glad I did. Works well as a phone generally and nice to use.

Was not bothered about loads of apps, able to easily collect email, browse and use pesky twitter so does all that I need.

konabunny
    Free Member

Had the Curve before, **** it, got a 9700 on insurance. Now on my second return – phone keeps freezing, contact list self-replicates, disappearing emails and messages. Gonna try to shove it back on Vodafone for an iPhone at this point – "not fit for purpose".

Old one was good but out of 10-20 people who had BBs, practically all of them had a trackball that died. Probably that's not the experience of everyone, though.

hughjengin
    Free Member

I think the Bold is the best of the Blackberry range. I have had all the recent ones Curve, Bold and Storm 2, and I think the Bold is the best all rounder.

Gingerbloke
    Free Member

I have the Bold, upgraded it a couple of months ago to a Motorola Blur….Hated that and gone back to using the BB, far better phone IMHO. All I hear about the 9700 is that it is better again.

Marmite
    Free Member

sounds like it's a good phone, that or a new iphone, though that will be expensive, or the phone of the moment, the HTC Desire…….

Mounty_73

I have had one for about 3 months, I love it, it does exactly what I want….tried an iphone once, just didnt like it…

JonBurns
    Free Member

I'm currently browsing this post using my HTC desire. First smart phone and after having it only a week I'm well impressed. Always wanted an iPhone but the price and contract costs were just not worth it.

Marmite
    Free Member

Looks like i'll have to get off to a shop and have a play….not even sure i like the look of the new iphone, also a slightly smaller screen….

fisha
    Free Member

if your into emails and texting with a little bit of the web/media thrown in, then the blackberry is the more vesatile unit, being able to type quickly on it is better than the iphone, and it'll handle a much larger range of filetypes and appears on the computer as just another USB type drive to transfer files onto.

if you're into all the games and are going to be watching videos and music, with a little bit of emails and texting, then the iphone is the better option with the larger screen for viewing things and games. My big gripe is the iphone is too licked down to itunes and the like. It does my head in, but the phone is good to 'use' when out and about.

I have both the 9700 and the iphone. I like both for the above reasons, but neither is the all round winner.

I think the HTC Desire may be my ultimate … like the blackberry in that its a little more open minded to files, but has the larger screen for web and media.

Marmite
    Free Member

Good answer fisha, thanks all.

jimcollins67
    Free Member

I've had mine for about 4 months now, tried my mates i-phone but didn't like the size or the touch screen… used only for personal use… love it, really nice size, really simple to use after a couple of hours playing about with it, get about 4 days out of the battery with average use….

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Blackberry Bold 9700…….’ is closed to new replies.