Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Bird Aeris owners…. Thoughts please.
  • renton
    Free Member

I’ve just been reading the various reviews online about the Aeris and came across one by bikeradar saying “there is noticeable flex across the low braced rear end “

Have any of you owners noticed this at all.

finally how are you all getting on with the Aeris ?

Any heavier riders got one ?
    And why not post your pictures up.

alwhit
    Free Member

Not saying its good but went round Gisburn yesterday did the hope climb 4 times 3 times down the hope line + the full 8 and loved every minute of it including the up hills and flex what rot not that i can tell (i was actually getting air and its so stable in the air )but then i’m still excited about it. O and it climbs better than norco sight

renton
    Free Member

That’s good to know.

I’ve emailed bird to see when they are back in stock !!

paladin

Frames arriving in uk mid June, hoping to get mine delivered by end of June 🙂

renton
    Free Member

Have you pre-ordered paladin.

What spec have you gone for ?

zeesaffa
    Free Member

Had mine for a couple if weeks now but only had a couple of rides out due to various reasons. Can’t say I’ve noticed amy flex but then again although I’m heavy (~200lbs) im not an aggresive rider.
    I think ive now got the suspension and tyre pressure dialled perfectly – so tonight i plan on thrashing it a bit for the first time. I’ll reprt back

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Guess it will matter a lot in terms of where people ride, how aggressive they ride and their weight.

For example I’m about 70kg at the moment I don’t notice any flex on my El Guapo at trail centre say Cannock Chase but when I’m charging a rock descent in the Peaks I feel it flex at the rear.

renton
    Free Member

Sweet.

Thanks for the input.

Post some pics up then.

joat

Soon to be for sale, one Giant Trance?

tricky-dicky
    Free Member

Already there I think

renton
    Free Member

Yep I’ve not really gelled with the trance so I’m selling it whilst I can still get decent money For it.

I was looking at the canyon spectral but they are out of stock until August.

Also the rose bikes root Miller.

Not decided yet between another 650b or a 29er

paladin

renton – Member
    Have you pre-ordered paladin.

What spec have you gone for ?

Yep! Aeris3 with reverb added, 1*10 with an expander, and I changed the tyres to Minion & HR.
    The guy I spoke to on the phone was really helpful 🙂

Bucko

You’re selling a bike that you haven’t gelled with and then started looking at bikes you can’t test ride?

I was considering a new bike a few months ago and would’ve driven the 150 miles to test ride a Bird but I had such mixed thoughts about the bargain yet gamble of a Canyon/Rose/YT etc

renton
    Free Member

I won’t be buying without having a test ride first this time.

Made that mistake with the trance.

andylc
    Free Member

I’m interested in ‘so stable in the air’

Would love to hear about any bikes that somehow become unstable in mid-air…..!

Maybe we need to start a thread of ‘bike quotes that make little sense / disobey the laws of physics’

alwhit
    Free Member

So let me get my point across with its longer top tube you seem to be able to jump with out the bike feeling twitchy on take off and landing and every little helps

andylc
    Free Member

I was obviously being a little facetious. Although on that subject I’m guessing that description would apply to ‘insert name of long / slack / low bike here’ – i.e. any newish bike with an (yes I’m going to have to use the word) enduro tag.

Stevet1
    Free Member

seem to be able to jump with out the bike feeling twitchy on take off and landing and every little helps

Sounds … dull.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Bird Aeris owners…. Thoughts please.’ is closed to new replies.