Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Crufts dog poisoning
  • sharkbait
    Free Member

There are some sick bastards out there. [Sorry for the language]

deadkenny
    Free Member

Saw this on TV news and just was thinking this is an over reaction from distraught owners and the dog could have died from anything, but then this does say they were told by the vet that they found cubes of meat in the stomach laced with poison.

Or is that really the case or just an assumption and yet to be tested.

It makes no sense to poison a dog after it had won. And maybe there’s a chance it eat something when they took it for a walk back home or something. These kinds of things are more often found on walking paths left by some nasty dog haters.

conkerman
    Free Member

What sort of insurance would be on a crufts winning dog?

I am far too cynical.

chambord
    Free Member

On the radio this morning one of the owners said that there was meat in the stomach which had been sewn together with poison inside like a pouch.

Nasty people out there 🙁

jambalaya
    Free Member

I posted in the crufts thread, very very twisted individuals

geoffj

Sad, but Crufts as a concept should be consigned to history.
    Too much cruelty across the board IMHO

TheFlyingOx

It makes no sense to poison a dog after it had won.

Pedigree puppies are expensive enough without adding a Crufts rosette to their lineage. Would a puppy with a Crufts winner as parent be worth even more?

I have no idea about the world of dog breeding, FWIW.

On the radio this morning one of the owners said that there was meat in the stomach which had been sewn together with poison inside like a pouch.

That sounds a bit odd. If the meat was still intact, how did the poison harm the dog? If it had been digested, releasing the poison, how do they know the meat was sewn together?

Wouldn’t they just test for poison in its bloodstream?

z1ppy

It is just sick, I hope they find the sick **** who did this, but doubt they will.

geoffj – Member
    Sad, but Crufts as a concept should be consigned to history.
    Too much cruelty across the board IMHO

Which suggest you don’t believe things can changed, I’m generally aware of Crufts history, but also know a family who show there dogs there (past 3-4 years). They’ve just come away with a 4th in their class, and it is nothing but great fun & a family activity that they all enjoy. It’s not all deadly serious…

geoffj

Which suggest you don’t believe things can changed, I’m generally aware of Crufts history, but also know a family who show there dogs there (past 3-4 years). They’ve just come away with a 4th in their class, and it is nothing but great fun & a family activity that they all enjoy. It’s not all deadly serious…

I’m sure some folk do see it as family fun, but for others there is a darker more sinister side to showing the perfect example of a breed.

lemonysam
    Free Member

Wouldn’t they just test for poison in its bloodstream?

They are but they’re waiting for the results.

That sounds a bit odd. If the meat was still intact, how did the poison harm the dog? If it had been digested, releasing the poison, how do they know the meat was sewn together?

Well hypothetically, the meat wouldn’t have to break down completely to allow the poison out, in fact it probably wouldn’t have to leach at all as the poison presumably dissolves into the juices in the somach. Assuming that the dog died before the digestion of the meat was complete – and as anyone whose ever had an ill advised kebab can tell you that takes a while – there could still be evidence in the stomach.

rockhopper70

and remarkably, and presumably with a completely straight face, the Sun headline* states the police are following all leads.

*from the BBC website, I didnt purchase it.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Crufts winning… It came second in it’s class. It must have been a decent dog in te first place you wouldn’t come from Europe with rubbish.
    And winning at crufts short of best in show would make No difference to the value of a dog

Well hypothetically, the meat wouldn’t have to break down completely to allow the poison out, in fact it probably wouldn’t have to leach at all as the poison presumably dissolves into the juices in the somach. Assuming that the dog died before the digestion of the meat was complete – and as anyone whose ever had an ill advised kebab can tell you that takes a while – there could still be evidence in the stomach.

Probably more detail than I want when just about to sit down to lunch, but yes, that would make sense.

hammyuk
    Free Member

somewhatslightlydazed – Member

Probably more detail than I want when just about to sit down to lunch,

Unless you’re Korean….

chrismac

I think the whole event should be banned. It cant be healthy for the dogs to have that much inbreeding in order to produce the “Perfect” specimine of any species or breed.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

There’s only certain breeds that have these problems. And they’re sorting them out. The bulldog looked way better as did the basset.

lemonysam
    Free Member

It seems the story may not be exactly as it seems…

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-31829037

jimjam
    Free Member

Reported as a “murder” investigation on BBC news yesterday . Can you murder an animal?

mogrim

Can you murder an animal?

Well, I could murder a hamburger right now. So probably.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Can you murder an animal?

Not under UK law, no. Although you can of course be done for killing one.

lemonysam
    Free Member

Crufts dog ‘was poisoned in Belgium’

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-31913792

deadkenny
    Free Member

As I suspected. Probably took it for a walk and it ate some stuff left out by anti dog types or put down to poison rats or similar.

Or it’s an insurance job 😉

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Crufts dog poisoning’ is closed to new replies.