Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • bill bailey, good show sir
  • spchantler
    Free Member

we went to see him last night in halifax, great show, can definitely recommend it. now i don’t know if he rides, but i would hazard a guess that he lurks, or even posts on these very pages. some of the material seemed quite familiar, or maybe its just that stw is all the good bits of the internet condensed…

mcmoonter
    Free Member

That’s good to hear, I’m off to see him on Thursday. He’s my nephew’s godfather.

Pook

A CELEBRITY AMONGST US BY PROXY

trailmonkey

i like bill bailey.

but i don’t know how he gets away with that hair. no one else would.

robgarrioch

Saw him at the Embra festival c. ’98 – ’99, filling in for the cancelled Henry Rollins. Think it was during his hazy ‘background-experience’ stage.. He was ok, but some twonk had decided the way to vent frustration at Rollins non-appearance was to bark vicious no-censor insults (e.g. “fat **nt”) to his face until the audience reaction forced him out. Like lancing a boil. It improved somewhat after that.

colournoise

Saw him ages ago in Cambridge and a while back in York. Got tickets for Nottingham later this year. One of my favourite live comics. Not sure whether it’s a good thing or not, but I seem to be on a similar mental wavelength to him (have my older pupils fairly regularly compare me to him).

adjustablewench
    Free Member

My two youngest boys are massive bill Bailey fans and have been since they got shown the tinsleworm dvd when they were 6&7 – I sometimes wonder how they find some of it amusing, and its sometimes hard to explain to other people when they start quoting him.
    May say quite a lot about their strange humour (and my parenting) but I think there are a lot worse things they could be in to

duntstick
    Free Member

I thought he was a just an ex uni friend of people on the telly…. Does he really have stuff which fills a whole show 😯

dingabell
    Free Member

I think he’s a genius and very musically talented. My wife doesn’t get him at all…… but then she married me so she’s obviously got zero taste.

Harry_the_Spider

Supreme silliness.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwaxWoJPUC0[/video]

willard

He did the “comedy keynote” at a corporate gig for us back in 2005 ro something. I liked him anyway because of Black Books and some other bits I’d seen, but he was much better live.

Even our CEO (and American) was laughing, despite a pretty constant stream of anti-Bush jokes. I’m just glad that I got ignored, given that I’d turned up late and was wearing a loud Hawaiian “drinking” shirt, thus making myself an easy target for a comic.

z1ppy

cheers I wasn’t aware of the tour (I know, I should sign up for the news letter), but just managed to sneak a booking in… but not till September! (boo)

spacehopper

he was brilliant again last night in halifax..!

final countdown on the hooters… cracking! 😀

Deveron53
    Free Member

I’ve been a follower of his since the first time I saw him on Barry Cryer’s ‘new comedians’ show sometime in the 90s – (if anyone has a copy of that show… !).
    I even made a tribute website for my college course sometime in 1999 – filled with clips from his tv show.
    I’ve seen him 3 times live and going to see him again in just over a week’s time!

I’ve never seen him perform ‘human slaves’ live…
    “Human Slaves in an Insect Nation Ahaahahaha!”

I can recite the Chaucer joke off by heart:
    “Three fellowes wenton into a pubbe”

I can’t listen to certain passages of classical music without thinking: “have a banana!”

I can’t listen to a certain Killers song without thinking of ham.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lnWNg3Pax8[/video]

BigJohn

I’m Bill Bailey.

Deveron53
    Free Member

I’m Bill Bailey.

Prove it!

What says “pies, pies” ?

How do you say “embarrass a farmer” ?

trailmonkey

BigJohn – Member
    I’m Bill Bailey.

john, sort your hair out mate.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Just back in from seeing the Godfather. The guy is a comedy genius. If he’s headed your way don’t miss him.

Cougar

What says “pies, pies” ?

Wigan zombies?

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘bill bailey, good show sir’ is closed to new replies.