Viewing 14 posts - 121 through 134 (of 134 total)
  • Show me your steel road bikes
  • The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

And another, love the Enigma, is that an Elite? I thought they used Columbus not Reynolds tubing.

AntLockyer
    Free Member

cheers_drive

Matthew_h that is stunning! I missed bespoked this year so didn’t get to see it in the flesh.
    Some good inspiration for my next bike on this thread.

Fresh Goods Friday 698 - The Boom Box Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 698 - The Boom B...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ChrisA
    Free Member

Think the enigma is the ethos.

Not steel but I’m halfway through building my ti enigma etape at the moment.

Just waiting for my purple king R45’s to be built into wheels for it!!

matthew_h
    Free Member

Thank you for the comments people. The frame has been a bit of a labour of love over the 6 months or so but planning started about 2 years ago. Ideas just kept developing.

I’m really chuffed with it and don’t think it is too bad for a first attempt at framebuilding. I do have to thank the other Matt at the shop for the advice, help and the brazing but I did the vast majority of the work on the tubes and lugs and have the scars to prove it.

It’s worked out pretty much exactly as I wanted which is really pretty satisfying.

Mr Swedish Chef, the bars are actually parallel to the ground along the tops but I agree they don’t quite look it in that pic. The saddle though is spot on for me.

jameso

that saddle was free and it has my name embroidered on it

Mr P, that saddle is a bit like Jeremy Beadle’s winkie. On the one hand, it looks ok.. )

Mister-P
    Free Member

Thanks James, that has made my mind up. Staff purchase on a plain black Aspide at 9am tomorrow.

jameso

You don’t want to sit on it now do you )

(bike looks great tho)

neilm
    Free Member

Concorde Astore

Raleigh 853

plus-one

Sublime ride for an old girl !!!

Untitled by Plus one2010, on Flickr

roady_tony
    Free Member

@geetee “Size is 58cm; in true”
    I’m same height as you, thanks for the offer though, cherry red sounds nice.
    enigma’s look pretty sweet too.

stupid question coming up for a wierdo commuter setup thought:

(old/new) 1×7 steel, with one of those roady thumb shifter on the handlebars (i seen them somewhere, sjs or something.)

anyone done this???

roady_tony
    Free Member
    tenacious_doug
    Free Member

Resurrecting this thread to show off my new wheels, mainly because when this thread was started this frame should have been delivered, and it was whetting my appetite to get my new bike. 5 months later the bike is finally here and built up.

New Genesis Equilibrium 853 frame, though I committed sacrilege and swapped out the steel forks for some of the lovely new Hiver forks from Columbus; racing weight (400g) but for deep drop brakes and mudguards, perfect for the Equilibrium. Otherwise full 105, Planet X shiny finishing kit and some awesome Wheelsmith hoops built up with Royce hubs and what I think are unbranded H Plus Son rims.

The spin to the end of the street and back was good, getting out properly tomorrow.

1266143_10153305707210113_1638543847_o.jpg by Douglas Cook, on Flickr

plus-one

Modern winter duty steel …

Untitled by Plus one2010, on Flickr

Viewing 14 posts - 121 through 134 (of 134 total)

The topic ‘Show me your steel road bikes’ is closed to new replies.