Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • BikingjacketalsosuitableforhikingTrackworld…
  • RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

Evening

After years of getting cold and soggy and promising myself a decent jacket I’m going to splash out on something half decent (Goretex Active shell or sumink).

However, I’d like something that could also be used for the occasional trundle up a mountain (i.e. walking) so I guess I’m after something with a hood.

Any suggestions?

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Not as fancy as a Gore Active thingy but Altura Mayhem? Hood, decent length for walking, quite light, pit zips…

Linky

martinhurton
    Free Member

Mountain Equipment Firefox, awesome jacket (and I’m not just saying that because I have a new one for sale)!

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

Hmm, is the Mountain Equipment one a decent enough cut for biking? I have orang utan arms :-/

jonathan
    Free Member

I’ve got a few Patagonia Torrentshell jackets I ride in and they’re great for climbing and walking too – all picked up cheap from TKMaxx, butThe Mountain Factor are a good source of bargain kit like this, eg:
    http://www.themountainfactor.com/patagonia-mens-torrentshell-stretch-jacket–lotus-green

hot_fiat

Montane minimums, or if you can find one an older montane event air or mohawk? I’ve also got an altura attack jacket which is pretty good for hiking in so long as you’ve got a hat.

martinhurton
    Free Member

RRR, it has long sleeves that don’t ride up when climbing, and work for me when sat on the bike anyway. Had one for two years for mountain use and it has been excellent.

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

Any other suggestions peeps?

Ta

sandwicheater

I’d happily take my Haglofe (or however you spell it, too lazy to check) on a bike. Great fit for the lanky and great jackets.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘BikingjacketalsosuitableforhikingTrackworld…’ is closed to new replies.