Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • biking pensioner
  • Trekster

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/scotland/south_of_scotland/8230165.stm

Hope I am able to do something like this at his age 😮

racefaceec90

good luck to him!!!i want to do something like that one day.

epicyclo

Trekster – Member
    Hope I am able to do something like this at his age

Good on him.

BTW that's not old 🙂

skidartist
    Free Member

A met a guy called Bill Frew when first moved here to Sorn, out for a walk with a Campag cap. Quite a remarkable guy. He mentioned that he'd been on a big round scotland ride recently,

so I looked it up

The news hounds fail to mention that Bill is well into his eighties, they clocked up 3000 miles on that 14 day trip.

Bunnyhop

I know one or two mtbers who are in their early sixties and can outride most of the people I know.

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

A pal of mine was out walking on Cannock Chase a few months back, he and his wife stumbled upon a MTB'er who has come off his bike and hurt himself rather badly.. this was out in the wilds, the bits proper riders go to for singletrack fun.. according to my mate, he called the ambulance etc, asked for details of the rider he was told by the injured person that he was 73yrs old… amazing…

rob1984p
    Free Member

Somerset road club has a couple chaps in their late 70's and their stamina and speed amazes me

Keva
    Free Member

my mums boyfriend is 70-something and still rides. He goes on tours round Scotland & France.

Keva
    Free Member

my mate from work goes to a circuit training class at the local gym and the guy who takes the class is 70. He joins in some of the exercises with them and goes running.

epicyclo

You're not old at 60ish unless you're a sedentary smoker.

My ancient uncle plays in several swing bands, danced until dawn at his 90th, and walks everywhere.

zarquon
    Free Member

I used to cycle with some guys Woking way some time back and there was a guy there who regularly used to do century rides who was over 80 – "of course the hills are beginning to get to me a bit" he said. Top bloke

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘biking pensioner’ is closed to new replies.