Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Biking La Grave?
  • SusieG
    Free Member

Can anyone provide me with advise on biking at La Grave and surrounding areas? Looking to go for a weeks road trip to the area in early July. Any advise on where to go and where to stay (probably camping) would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

marionheck
    Free Member

La grave hasn’t got the best biking, it is a bit too steep and there is not much scope there, probably 2 days worth. Just down the valley you have Les Deux alpes and Alp d’huez about an hour away, and in the other direction you have got mont genevre and les Orres again about an hour away and are all good.

if you want to stay in la grave there are two decent campsites, but it is quite a sleepy little town and if you go down to Briancon there are a lot more campsites and activities on offer.

Are you after DH riding or more xc riding?

bauchlebastart
    Free Member

La grave is pretty extreme. Even the gondola ride was enough the put the shitters in me. There is better (easier) biking elsewhere close by.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    nedrapier

I’ve seen some ace looking singletrack video from there. maybe just very good riders making it look easy…

Really chilled out little town, though.

SusieG
    Free Member

Thanks. Looking for a bit of a mix of DH and lif assisted XC if that makes sense! The videos I have seen of La Grave look pretty cool!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Biking La Grave?’ is closed to new replies.