Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • biking holiday in les vosges – ideas/help please!
  • ahwiles
    Free Member

it seems that for the last decade or so, i’ve driven to the alps every summer for a biking holiday.

i’ve become aware that i’ve been driving past a seemingly lovely part of the world, and i’m keen to go and have a look for myself.

i’m hoping to convince my Girlfriend that it’s a good idea to take the mountain AND road bikes.

so, any suggestions? places to stay*? routes? (road and mtb)

(*la bresse? lac blanc?)

ahwiles
    Free Member

bump?

(sorry)

ash

Yes, yes and yes.

Stay in Thann or Guebwiller. That whole area is littered with 100’s of kilometres of lovely singletrack. It’s altogether a whole lot more chilled out than the Alps, but still really really good quality flowy singletrack.

These are the two maps you need for the area:
    Grand Ballon

Thann

Let me know if you need any more help.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    MSP

I have stayed at the Grand Hotel in La Hohwald, which is quite pleasant with sauna small pool etc for the end of the day. If all you are there for is riding its a great spot, if you want a bit of life, its probably not the place.

Garry_Lager

It’s a superb part of France – camped round La Bresse a few times. The riding must be exceptional but I’ve always had the family with me so never really gotten into it 100%, in fact I think I’ve always taken the cross bike.
    Found the black routes printed on those VTT leaflets to be absolute killers for fitness, but really tame for technical, singletrack riding (cross bike was nae problem). Defo need some guiding info I would say for the MTBing, although the road biking would take care of itself.

GDRS

Lac Blanc – good but small uplift on a small ski hill…..the roads looked great for road riding too…

Camping – if that’s your thing – we camped here. Rustic (read basic)but fifteen or so in the car from the top of the hill.

http://www.fermeaubergeduchevremont.fr/index.php?p=1_20_accueil-des-campeurs

GDRS

http://www.visitezmaville.com/index.php?page=visite&tri=departement&id=1300720697&pg=4

Sorry the link in the other post was to the place we did not stay (we didn’t like it when we rocked up).

The link in this post is where we stayed for a few nights.

ahwiles
    Free Member

thanks everyone, i think it’s a goer.

if it goes well, i’ll try and post some photo’s…

Ash, i may pester you again in the near future 🙂

vondally
    Free Member

We stayed At FRELAND outside kayerserburg years ago great area recommended

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘biking holiday in les vosges – ideas/help please!’ is closed to new replies.