Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Biketreks Ambleside – massive thanks
  • mcnultycop

I left my hotel this morning in Ambleside to ride Loughrigg Terrace. I had a bizarre scrapy noise, three or four stops, play with mech, etc but no joy, then noticed the main pivot on my Nerve AM was coming loose. The noise, I think was the head of the bolt rubbing on the chainring. I was, luckily, 5 minutes walk from Biketreks. Walked in the service section, bike was on the stand in 30 seconds, I was out and riding again in less than 10 minutes.

Superb service. Nice blokes too.

postierich
    Free Member

No tools? and Loughrigg Terrace on a Sunday!!!!

mcnultycop

Didn’t have a crank extractor in my rucksack!

It was overcast, so there weren’t many walkers about.

ricky1
    Free Member

I’ve only been in once,great shop,loads of choice and the staff know what they are selling and really helpfull.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Were you out with a mate? Was one of you making a funny noise on the hill down towards skelwith bridge?

mcnultycop

I was riding solo.

I was making a lot of noise, but only because the climbs were destroying me.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

😀

hummerlicious
    Free Member

Another thankyou from me, we rode the coast to coast last weekend. Went in Biketreks saturday morning to pick up some supplies on the way through, they let us dump our bikes in the workshop while we went for a coffee and food. Thanks 🙂

Unlike Andy’s description though it turned out it wasn’t all rideable, though that could be just because we’re a bunch of southern softies 😉

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Biketreks Ambleside – massive thanks’ is closed to new replies.