Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 76 total)
  • Bikes you wish you had owned but never did – pics.
  • ski
    Free Member

Short list for me:

GT Zaskar

Pace RC-300

Plus the original Tinbred, but don’t seem to be able to find a pic of one of them 😉

GrumpyDave
    Free Member

Totally behind you on the Zaskar. Would have loved one in the inky blue they used to do. Saw one in a shop once when I was younger and had no money. If I saw it again today the credit card would be out faster than a speeding bullet.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Dear christ that yeti is ugly.

thats_not_my_name
    Free Member

Me, I always want one of these:

MrSmith
    Free Member

litespeed kitsuma. the original ti 5in hardtail. i know 2 people with one of these, one is now sold (wish i had the funds for it at the time) the other isn’t selling. there was one for sale on here a few months ago but the seller wanted too much money for it.

coffeeking
    Free Member

I find all these bizzare high-chainstay bikes look like halfords specials (you know, the £30 steel kids bikes), I know they might not be but I cant get it out of my head when i see them!

nukeproof
    Free Member

Second the Zaskar and the Nishiki Alien…although iirc I wanted the ACX model with the bolted on stays. Nice.

…oh and its a total cliche but the red/white/green Klein Attitude… like Pee Wee Hemming rode to 2nd in the downhill

singlespeedstu

Maybe Halfords tried to copy the blinginins bikes of their time. 😉

Kuco

I always wanted one of those blue and yellow Overburys that use to be advertised in MBUK back in the day. I had a Zasker with XTR brakes/levers,rear hub, Ringle front hub syncros stem and post and middleburn cranks and Rockshox judys. Even then it was light as **** and use to fly along though a bit skitish on the down hills.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Maybe Halfords tried to copy the blinginins bikes of their time

I’m sure, and regardless of which came first, I still think it looks like a £30 bike lol (In fact I had to google to find out what it was as I thought it was a joke!). I like the litespeed, very much.

scaredypants

Mr Smith

My winter bike is a Zaskar LE – “bit” like that one at the top

singlespeedstu

You had to google to find out what a Yeti was….. 😉

coffeeking
    Free Member

Always wanted one of these orrible looking things since I saw one floating over stuff in the Alps. Never thought it was pretty though!

Always wanted a Coyote HT5 frame, never found one at a sensible price while I had the cash.

singlespeedstu

I think this thread’s going to show how old some of us are. 😯

vinnyeh

sad old fcuker here… I had one of the original Aliens, and hankered after the ACX with switchblades, but they never came to NZ.
    Always wanted (and still do) one of these…

Also wanted one of these (but now know better) – Mert Lawill’s suspension design credentials were impeccable- but didn’t cross over to bikes too well..

coffeeking
    Free Member

My brother had(s) a hardtail marin, ti coated cromo IIRC, with ridges in the downtube – never seen one since. Any idea what it was? Always wanted that.

simonralli2
    Free Member

hicksville
    Free Member

My Litespeed Kitsuma,

still the best hartail I owned

[mod-ed]

damitamit
    Free Member

After watching Pete Fagerlins (californian) videos years ago i always wanted one of these:

Maybe I’ll fine one now…

coffeeking
    Free Member

Okay please someone remind me how to post pics

thanks

You need to get it hosted somewhere, then use the IMG button above where you were writing and put the URL in between the IMG tags

Too_Punk_To_Funk
    Free Member

Loved to have had on of these:

Or these:

radoggair
    Free Member

hicksville – Member
    Okay please someone remind me how to post pics

thanks

Easy, find your pic url, if there uploaded on flickr for instance, right click on pic, click on properties , find url address and copy

come on here, click on img, paste then click on /img. no spaces between anything though

Loved the zaskar, though always wanted an xizang ti, the ultimate x cross country GT. Alpinestars were fantastic looking bikes as well. Then i loved the GT RTS1, first proper downhill bike. Klein’s were amazing nostalgic bikes, though remember about 15 years ago wanted an ultimate build which used a tioga disc drive. £450-00 bucks 15 years ago though was alot of cash

here’s some i also adored

Taff
    Free Member

I r eally liked the Alpinestair above and the orginal yeti lawwills but I really wanted a proflex better than my beast or this:

I_Ache
    Free Member

Here you go hicksville

techsmechs
    Free Member

Just a point of order – Mert Lawill suspension designs were/are excellent look up the late 90’s early 00’s Yeti DH race bikes.

Also the Leader fork was better performing than all of the equal forks of its time.

From your post, your clearly aware of the man – But those who are unaware Mert is the only man to be inducted into the MTB and Motorcycle hall of fame.

Kuco

Too_Punk_To_Funk had a go on one of those Kleins it shake your fillings loose.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Anyone plugged Retrobike yet? No? OK, well I shall!

Check out http://www.retrobike.co.uk !

Oh, and I’d have all manner of stuff from the museum at http://mombat.org/ (be prepared to lust…..)

I_Ache
    Free Member

I ad a 99 Zaskar but it was too big (20″) so I sold it to my bro. It rode great on 100mm forks. Wish I had one in a 16″, oh well it was worth riding one too big just for the experience and the whole bike only cost £200!

ChrisS
    Free Member

– Mr Smith, I’ve got a litespeed kitsuma frame that I might be persuaded to part with for a reasonable price…. what size are you looking for?

RudeBoy
    Free Member

I really used to lust after this, after I first saw it in a Freewheel catalogue (but in black):

Some young lad on my estate had one, and I knew it was stolen, as they were well over £2000, even back then. ****. Mind, he ended up doing a fair amount of time (for being a ****, mainly), so Karma was served.

Also liked the original Pace as above, and a Klein Adroit, which was like the Attitude above, but lighter.

Always wanted a Cannondale, because of the fatness of the tubes, and eventually got one. Plus a Lefty fork, just because, and got one.

Have to say, money no object, there is actually nothing I really lust after any more. They’re just bikes, now.

thegreatape
    Free Member

A luminous yellow Marin Muirwoods, as tested in my first ever copy of MBUK (the same one where they rode out of a plane) aged about 11.

GW
    Free Member

Coffeeking – if you still fancy one (Tallifer) a mate has one sat doing nothing I’m pretty sure he’d part with

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Here it is, this one:

As for Marins, I loved the ‘concrete’ paint they came in for a little while. That was really cool, when all other paint on bikes was glossy.

chakaping
    Free Member

Really wanted one of these when they came out, it’s the only bike I regret not buying – but I was a skint 17-year-old without a job in a recession so I had to make do with looking at pictures then as well…

1990 Kona Cinder Cone

chakaping
    Free Member

RudeBoy – That is nasty. Looks like somebody’s been messing about on Photoshop.

devs
    Free Member

Simonralli,
    I’ve got an 06 dawg Primo frame lying around waiting to get cleaned up if you were interested.

Stoner
    Free Member

I used to leave lying around photos cut out of mags of one of these as I approached my 13 birthday.

No luck.

I got a Dawes 10 speed racer instead…:(

hicksville
    Free Member

Thanks for the info

Chris s what size frame is your litespeed???

hicksville
    Free Member

http://www.dh-rangers.com/we_our_bikes/pictures/parts_4banger_danger.jpg

I hope it works but this one……………….

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 76 total)

The topic ‘Bikes you wish you had owned but never did – pics.’ is closed to new replies.