Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • bikes with mudguards, lets see them !
  • iainc

just looking at the all mountain pic thread and reflecting that not many of them are set up for UK muddy gloop; so lets see some mudguard shod pics 🙂

z1ppy

I dunno about you, but I’m enjoying the chance to ride without them, yes we’ve had bit and pieces of rain locally but not enough to consider re-fitting them yet. After seemingly last years wash out & a wet jan-march, they’re staying off as long as possible.

Brake-neck
    Free Member

I’m to vain to make my bike ugly by fitting them 🙁

bartimaeus
    Free Member

Minimalist mudguards… it was wet and muddy last Saturday

takisawa2

I’m being drawn to these…

iainc

does that rear mucky nutz one actually work ?

mcmoonter
    Free Member

My Fargo is more of an off road touring bike, but I’ve never found the mudguards a hinderance.

roverpig

The FF29 seems to be turning into the all-weather XC mountain bike at the moment. It’s soon to “gain” SPDs, thick grips and bar ends 😮 and it’s already picked up the mudguards. To be honest, even in this relatively dry spell, it’s a rare ride up here that doesn’t involve a fair bit of splashing through puddles or riding across (or even along) streams and I’m quite liking the dry rear and face.

andrewh
    Free Member

MTBs with crud catchers http://andrewhowett.blogspot.co.uk/2012/02/my-bike-is-in-ruins.html
    Road bike with mudguards http://andrewhowett.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/winter-training-on-wrong-bike.html Not ideal for snow, they do clog up a bit.

badllama
    Free Member

Anyone knows who supplies simlar to bartimaeus post? I’m after something I can use with a dropper 🙂

I was going to cobble something myself to the bottom of the seat or something ❓

bartimaeus
    Free Member

does that rear mucky nutz one actually work ?

Well, it got spattered in wet mud and surprisingly I did not – so maybe, yes. First time I’ve used it to be honest and I was worried it might get blown away in the 45mph winds we had: it does seem very flimsy.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

A mudguard that weighs sod all and actually works.

roverpig

I tried the Mucky Nutz ass fender and it does kind of work. Basically it did what it claimed to do and kept the muck off my ass, but didn’t stop it going higher up my back or hitting my legs when I went round a corner. Better than nothing and probably my preferred solution for a full suss frame, but the Topeak Defender works better on the FF29 hardtail as it keeps more of me drier.

zippykona

My Marin in its big wheel cyclo cross incarnation.

😛

epicyclo

Real mudguards

Don’t like getting emulsified shit sprayed in my face 🙂

iainc

Some good pics 🙂

brucegardiner
    Free Member

These are the latest Mudguards, pic of development set. Supposed to be available Sept this year lots of vids and info on timeline.
    http://www.themudhugger.co.uk

V8_shin_print
    Free Member

I think both of mine look ok:

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘bikes with mudguards, lets see them !’ is closed to new replies.