Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 195 total)
  • Tweedlove Enduro
  • bigjim

that looks well steep! I might check that one out today before it gets busy. That did look like Dan in trail pixie mode

Northwind

chris1h – Member

Hope you don’t mind but I’ve shared it on the TrailScotland forum too…

Pff, I’d have ridden better if I’d known it was going to be passed around (no I wouldn’t) Yeah no worries!

Prophet2
    Free Member

Well after watching your video Northwind I have downgraded the estimation of my riding skills from “ok” to “not very good at all, must try better”.

I was walking/slipping round most of those turns in the first half of Stage 4, you made it seem so effortless.

fasthaggis

Thanks Northwind , that makes me feel much more relaxed 😆

Another for,I hope it stays dry .

Daft question ,do you have to do the sections in the right order 1-5 ?

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

Well ridden Northwind! did that stage on Wednesday and it was a tad silly in places. Hopefully it continues to dry out for the weekend.

That video doesn’t show how steep some of the lines are, some of the corners in particular are very tricky, especially when slippy.

Again, well ridden NW!

richmtb

I’m not doing the enduro this year, doing the 7 instead I’m quite glad!

Looks “Andy’s Flume” steep with a bit of “Broon Troot” slippy and rooty thrown in.

Plenty of exposure on the final bit of single track for good measure

bigjim

Mad respect Andrew for riding it that smoothly, that was definitely outwith my comfort zone in places, just so wet and loose I couldn’t stay upright, could hardly walk some of it. Really nice trail in other bits though! Really needs to not rain again… fingers crossed…

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

That looks ace, sorta like some of the steep rooty black section after the bombhole at Drumlanrig. No doubt I’ll mince like a champion, but who cares. Fun fun fun….

alexdodd
    Free Member

A bit of a silly question maybe, but how long are these stages open after the enduro? I have no time at alll to have a play over the next week really, do I have any chance of trying them? I’m located in Edinburgh, so I’m only a drive away when I actually get a chance….

jockhaggis
    Free Member

Most are open trails or part of glentress way marked routes which will be rideable any time. The only exception as far as I know are parts of stage 3 off Ho Chi Minh which i believe will be closed after the race. You can bypass these though by going all the way fown Ho Chi Minh and get back on route at zoom or bust.

yacoby
    Free Member

Stage 3, 4 and 5 were Sick. Thank god it isn’t raining though… Some stages (like the top of stage 4) would go from fun to hellish in the rain.

The top of stage 4 looked far easier to ride down than walk down though, despite seeing many people walking (although for me it was a bit of a dab fest in places)

Northwind

So nice today… Only had time for a quick spin so went up and made a total arse of stage 5 all the way down :mrgreen: It’s a bit hard to read the grip now with it drying up… (at the risk of outing myself as being weird, I preferred S5 when it was sodden, great fun)

Really looking forward to it 🙂

br
    Free Member

S4 is already on Strava (Cademuir 4) – the Wee Man has KOM at the mo.

yacoby
    Free Member

I didn’t get on with 5 that well at all. I think it was just because I was knackered at that point though and found it quite hard work.

youngrob

How did you all get on then? I had a blast, rode everything and wasn’t last. Brilliant day.

Northwind

That was bloody brilliant. Dying now but what a great day,the pushup was gruesome but otherwise enjoyed every moment. Stage 4 was just hilarious, fair to say my race run didn’t look much like that video 🙂 Faster but just a little bit less in control. Some pro-standard tripodding though.

37:25 in the end which looks to be more or less halfway up, my natural place. King Ralph Of The Hill.

Simon

Had a great day. Even enjoyed stage 4 which scared me the first time I rode it yesterday. Very happy to get round in one piece!
    My stage times totalled 39.11 but no idea where that put me overall.
    Big thanks to the organisers and marshalls for making it possible:-)

Simon

Mmm, you weren’t the only one tripodding down 4!

Highland28
    Free Member

Had an absolute ball, tracks not running as nice as they were yesterday IMO but still some great runs. Boundary trail was much longer than I ever remember it being before though!!! My final time was 30.44 so was delighted.

bigjim

Yep was fantastic, 39:44, had cramp in places I didn’t even know were made of muscle on stage 5. Tripoding on stage 4 here too!

Northwind

That is rapid! Fastest time when I checked out was 26:19

Simon – Member

Mmm, you weren’t the only one tripodding down 4!

Yeah, but I bet I was the only one tripodding with such finesse and power!

Simon

Are the full results up yet?

youngrob

They’re not on the Tweedlove site yet. Well done to all you guys, my time was 41.34. I was 6/8 in our group so was pretty pleased. Predictably, stage 2 was hardest for me on my hardtail, the rough part was hell on my arms. All the rest were good.

thegman67

My time was 48mins but that was with a 6 min penalty as we where over 5hrs. First time I have taken cramp in years on the push up to stage 5

mactheknife

Yep it was a cracking day, the last push up to 5 nearly had me in tears.

Met a great bunch of people all the way round with some good banter and laughs. BUT i was flying till the top of stage 5. There is always one that gets you and this just had me all over the place. Luckily i got it together and finished well (for me) 😯

LMT
    Free Member

Was an awesome day, i wasn’t riding the event but was in glentress mincing round the trails, saturdays weather was a surprise, even got sunburnt. Next year will give it a bash, first time in peebles all i can say is great place, me and OH had probably the best biking trip in ages!

monkeyninja
    Free Member

35 mins exactly had a few tumbles and got stuck in the bog at the bottom of stage 5 very happy with that time considering only had 1 practice run on each stage.

RocketTom
    Free Member

34 mins on the nose – got stuck in the bog on stage 5 as well.

Simon

I hit the bog in the wrong gear and got stuck too.

Northwind

Me too! “Ride round it on the left” worked yesterday but not so much by the end of the day…

I am ridiculously covered in scratches, think mostly pedal-flaps from s4. You know it’s a good ride when you don’t even notice these things until hours later

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

By the time I got to the bog the bloody photographer was on the dry line to the left!

Cracking day, totally shattered now but still smiling 😀

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

Results are up. Link on Facebook.

monkeyninja
    Free Member

I went over the bars into the bog and managed to get myself stuck under my bike much to the amusement of the photographer who snapped away as i swore!

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Big shout out to MC for the timing. Think he was a tad nervous.

Northwind

And everyone else for that matter- saw a few STW faces marshalling/organising, and the work in the trails was just ridiculous. Bang on.

(the real nerves should kick in when it’s all mowicu timers not sportident 😉 )

athgray
    Free Member

Didn’t take part but went along to cheer on some friends. Really good atmosphere. I was really jealous. Just hoping it is as dry next Saturday for the GT7.

Clover

Not dead and not last.

But I’d be quite happy never to see a shiny root again, even the innocent ones had started to freak me out by stage 5.

jimmy

was a great day. I’m battered (all over), bruised (knees and elbows), broken (rib) and bleeding (nose, arm) but managed 32:45 which I’m pretty chuffed with. Would like to do it all again with the benefit of experience but top day.

bigjim

I have some good/strange bruises too, thanks to a high speed ho chi minh root induced lie down. Didn’t see anyone really messed up, which is good.

Northwind

Just looking at the times, Emma Guy beat Katie Winton by 3 seconds over the course of the day. 3 seconds! But doubly crazy, the difference in their overall lap time- also 3 seconds! That’s as long as it takes me to spot a root, home in on it, and start to crash… but not long enough to reach the ground.

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 195 total)

The topic ‘Tweedlove Enduro’ is closed to new replies.