Viewing 11 posts - 81 through 91 (of 91 total)
  • Bikepacking help
  • emanuel
    Free Member

It seems sorted, before coming up with something even betterer I was thinking of using that setup.
    having said that, it seems something to speed up production more than a benefit to the end user
    have a look here, some good info.[video]http://vimeo.com/36255331[/video]

jameso

I’m a fan of the webbing ladder idea. Works better for varying pack density or stuffed-ness than normal straps ime. Frame tubes tend to be narrower than the bags so the logic works. Its more adaptable if using a half frame bag on more than one bike or combining attachment points of gas tank qnd frame bag.

soulbrother99
    Free Member

ok thanks 🙂

DrP
    acehtn
    Free Member

I love these threads.

That little blue bike kitted out is “da bomb” 🙂 excellent work DrP

Cheezpleez

I used the webbing ladder idea on my DIY seat pack and bar harness (posted on a previous page up there ^^) and have been really pleased with the extra adjustability it gives. Didn’t bother on my frame age as they were designed for specific frames and I couldn’t see the benefit.

I’m using a home made Coke can meths burner and windshield, which I’m really pleased with. Seems to boil a mug of water at least as quick as my mates’ gas stoves. Alpkit Mytimug nests in the windshield and stove, lighter and washing up scourer plus a plastic mug live inside the mug.

I’ve added some air/vent holes since this pic.

somafunk

For cooking duties i have a choice of a Vargo Titanium wood burning stove, a mini crux folding stove usually with a 100g cartridge, and a triad meth burner/esbit stove so dependant on where i’m going along with weather conditions i tend to mix and match.

The only pot i use is the Titan kettle , and i use a pot cosy – sometimes i also take my Ti mug as i can use that as a secondary cooking vessel or just use it as a mug for a brew as i wait for my pot cosy and titan pot to cook my tea.

Once you get started it’s all to easy to go mad with the kit 😀

acehtn
    Free Member

🙂

Only got 3 gas lamps, and 4 or 5 burners knocking about, and several pan sets from Alu to copper plated stainless, enameled steel to Ti.

If i was starting out from new, Ti Alpkit pan set, and a MSR/Alpkit/Ti burner and battery headtorch….. mostly stuff that wasn’t available years ago 🙂

2 trianga burners in the workshop, soooo tempted to get a burner and try one out 🙂 the boss aquired some stainless tubing to make a wood gas stove (his triangas) a coleman multifuel is knocking about as well.
    Boss went for a vango knockoff of a MSR pocket rocket, loves it 🙂

epicyclo

somafunk – Member
    …Once you get started it’s all to easy to go mad with the kit

Oh so true…

matt_outandabout

I still use cheapo gas stove and old home made tin foil windshield. It has worked well for a couple of decades…

But is also now have 6g titanium esbit stove and windshield. Not perfect (dirty, in really cold weather I have to shelter it really well from wind), but for a quick overnight, with a cheap it mug it is perfect and silly light.

The bag the stove came in weighs more than the stove btw.

Esbit titanium stove by matt_outandabout, on Flickr

rhbrhb
    Free Member

For sake of completion thread bump, my bag is finished, is fairly waterproof too.

Great diy project for anyone, although sewing machine repair costs made this one pricier than an otp bag, learned lots.

Viewing 11 posts - 81 through 91 (of 91 total)

The topic ‘Bikepacking help’ is closed to new replies.