• This topic has 30 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Leku.
Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • New frame time, but which one?
  • therag
    Free Member

Looking for a new frame, 140mm-160mn full sus, any wheel size.
    I though I had settled on a transition bandit, but went to look at the new ones last week and I just didn’t think, mmm I want that!
    The wish list so far.
    Pivot mach 6
    Sb66 Ali
    Saracen Ariel
    Banshee
    Another covert (current bike, would prefer something lighter)
    Or …?

Ride mainly s.wales trail centres & local easy dh trails.
    I’m unfit and struggle uphill to enjoy the dh.
    Frame will be built with hope hoops & mostly xt components which I’ve been buying bit by bit over the last few months.
    I don’t know of any of these being demoed so it’s probably going to be a buy it, build it & hope for the best.
    So, which frame do you think suits the bill best?

I_Ache
    Free Member

You sound like me, I’m after the same.

How about a Knolly Endorphin? My mate has a Banshee Rune and that is very nice but I have thought along the lines of the Spitfire. I have also thought about an Ali SC Bronson and just putting 26″ wheels on it.

Top of my list at the moment is a secondhand Stumpjumper Evo Carbon.

therag
    Free Member

I’ve not seen or heard of knolly before, very nice.
    Yes, I’ve also been looking Bronson’s and like them, but I don’t think there any large frames left.

andrewh
    Free Member

Rocket? Tried one and it was as good as everyone says

therag
    Free Member

I’ve not rode a rocket, but don’t like the look of them much.

tomhoward

Yes, I’ve also been looking Bronson’s and like them, but I don’t think there any large frames left.

From what I saw in Stif/Jungle’s warehouse the other week, there’s dozens…

kimbers

bronsons too cramped you want

therag
    Free Member

Yes! I like the konas, off to google nearest dealer. My lbs stopped selling them a few years ago.
    Do they sell frame only?

kimbers

theres been some frame only deals in the states, not sure over here

Sancho
    Free Member

Sounds like you want the Carbon Spicy Team.
    if you can find one they are loads cheaper than any carbon frame only from the main brands

Sancho
    Free Member

no frame only konas in the uk, no konas full stop

waldo1
    Free Member

I’ve got a basically brand new pivot mach 6 going for a good price with hope headset and xtr bb if you’re interested?

JoeG
    Free Member
    nosedive
    Free Member

There was a guy on the classifieds selling a spesh enduro frame. Large. £500. If i was richer i would have bought it as a spare

therag
    Free Member

Waldo1 whats the size, colour and price?
    I’ve just added spicy back on to the list. I’ve had a zesty & really liked it.
    The on one looks really good v.f.m but I’m not keen on it or the enduros

AlexSimon

Evil Uprising is worth a look

therag
    Free Member

A mate has just bought an evil, it should be delivered this week. I’ll try to get a go on it.

Just had the dreaded eBay buyer email. Sorry I can’t buy your bike that I won because I’ve lost my job grrrr 🙁

I_Ache
    Free Member

nosedive – Member
    There was a guy on the classifieds selling a spesh enduro frame. Large. £500. If i was richer i would have bought it as a spare

That was probably me. It’s a great bike but way too much for my mincing. That’s why I was looking at this thread to hopefully give me ideas for its replacement.

chiefgrooveguru

Banshee Spitfire of great awesomeness. Accelerates and climbs like my hardtail (better in fact when it’s rough). Descends like a monster. So balanced in corners, at long last I can hold a two wheel drift! Genius adjustable geometry means you can set it up to suit your riding style. I’d run it 27.5 if you haven’t already bought the wheels but as a 26 it’s very similar geometry to an SB66 with more active suspension and a steeper seat angle for better climbing. Brilliant.

stewartc
    Free Member

Just moved to a Mach6 from a Yeti SB66c, and not regretting it at all, it is easy to pedal up and is very sure footed coming down.
    Built mine up with XX1/XTR build and it comes in at 12.28kg without carbon wheels.
    To be honest, these days its difficult to buy a bad bike, just one that doesn’t suit what you plan to ride.

goodgrief
    Free Member

+1 for the Spitfire, it’s a cracking bike

br
    Free Member

Another covert (current bike, would prefer something lighter)
    Or …?

Ride mainly s.wales trail centres & local easy dh trails.
    I’m unfit and struggle uphill to enjoy the dh.

Keep the Covert. Buy a lighter HT and get out and ride. Once you’ve got some fitness see whether the Covert is the bike for you.

If still not happy, demo some.

downhilldave

Agree with Sancho, love mine. Trailhead in Shrewsbury had a frame in stock last time I was in the area. Here’s mine 😉 Think they are still a little difficult to get hold of at the mo.

therag
    Free Member

There’s nothing at all wrong with the covert ,I’ve had it almost 2 years, just fancy a new bike.
    Liking the banshees, so much choice.
    My current bike which I’m struggling to sell.
    http://bit.ly/1hNkgxj

waldo1
    Free Member

It’s true that there is so many great bikes available,it makes decisions tricky.

I had just built my mach 6 when my friend at a lbs said he could get me a troy lee enduro 29 so i put a deposit down and sold my forks and wheels.
    I wanted an enduro 29 for ages and rather haphazardly went for it.
    To be honest i should have stayed with the mach 6. I’ve been riding my friends one lately and i think they’re probably the best enduro bike going.
    It’s my favorite variation of DW suspension yet, pedals like a HD, descends like a dh bike.
    Mine is a large in blue with new hope headset a and xtr bb.
    I want 2100 for it which i think is a good price considering it’s basically new and hard to get hold of in a large.

waldo1
    Free Member

@Therag send me your email addy and I’ll fire some pics over.
    I’m in Newport if you’re local and would like to have a look at it.

therag
    Free Member

Just been to look at a pivot and think it’s the one.
    It wasn’t finished, so couldn’t have a feel for size but all sizes due in, in April.

misinformer
    Free Member

Just been to look at a pivot and think it’s the one.
    It wasn’t finished, so couldn’t have a feel for size but all sizes due in, in April.

https://www.facebook.com/mtbtrailkings?fref=ts

Came across this on facebook seems to be selling pivots cheap

therag
    Free Member

Cheers, just spoke to trail kings, slightly better deal else where though.

Sorry Waldo1, I’d rather pay the extra £100 for a new one for the warranty.

pb2

aghh just googled the Spesh TLD Enduro. It would make a great if somewhat ironic Specsavers ad, I know these things are subjective but from any angle I think thats a ugly frame design with an even uglier paint job —- each to their own eh ?

Leku
    Free Member

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Liteville-301-Mk-10-Race-Black-Medium-140mm-travel-/281296027264?pt=UK_Health_Beauty_Fragrances_Women_s_Fragrances_PP&hash=item417e8cbe80

Liteville 301 Mk 10 – can be switched between 140mm and 160mm with different rockers.
    5 year transferable warranty.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘New frame time, but which one?’ is closed to new replies.