• This topic has 47 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by iainc.
Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Bikepacking and droppers….
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Use a rucksack.

LOL!

iainc

And there’s still a bit to clamp to your seatpost

And the bag still rubs on the seatpost

I thought that too when I googled it…

whitestone
    Free Member

Use a rucksack.

Sometimes that’s the right solution. It just depends on the route you are doing and what you need for it.

I’ve a small Camelbak (an old Lobo) that doesn’t take much more than the bladder so I’m not tempted to carry more stuff than I really need. I probably use a different set of bags on bike and myself on every ride.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

If you don’t want to use the dropper could you not just compress it fully then pull the post out of the frame to compensate? (Assuming you’re not running at minimum insert already)

I’ve no idea if this is perfectly sensible or likely to result in your reverb exploding in a ball of flame.

swanny853

reverb exploding in a ball of flame

No flame. It’s hydraulic which means it’s full of water. So at worst you’ll get a large cloud of steam.

mariner
    Free Member

http://bikepacker.com/bedrock-bags-black-dragon/

Neil Beltchenko used this on his Spearfish on this years HT.

http://bikepacker.com/highland-trail-rig/

iainc

Updste, I bought one of the Valais 25 clamps, these ones and it seems a neat and simple solution.

I haven’t fitted it, however I have sold my Reverb which uses the 25mm version and bought a Fox Transfer, which needs a 26mm one, which I’ve just ordered.

So, if anyone wants a 25mm one brand new for £15 let me know ! They cost $31 shipped.

iainc

Clamp now away, thanks

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Bikepacking and droppers….’ is closed to new replies.