Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • bike work stand – recommendations?
  • downhillsquirrel
    Free Member

Looking at a basic Park Tools one, any recommendations for a sub-ton (£100) stand?

Cheers
    DHS

uplink
    Free Member

The Edinburgh bike one seems to always get good reviews
    15% off everything this weekend too

pedalhead
    Free Member

I've had a Minoura W3000 workstand with tool tray for a few years & it's pretty decent. Not used any others though.

OmarLittle
    Free Member

the one in decathlon for about £50 is good value, its pretty sturdy.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

I've got a Park Tool PCS9 – about £90. Totally solid and looks like it will last forever

alexpalacefan

Hijack, sorry. I've got the Decathlon one, and after about 18 months use it's starting to slip when holding the bike. Thinking of relegating it to a washing stand, and getting a new un for work.

If I was to spend more like £150 would I notice a real improvement? I don't want to get another 'budget' stand and fing myself replacing it again in another 18 months.

Thanks all,

Alex

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

I have a cheapy minoura, its ok. A mate has an Ultimate Pro Elite which i covet, it's much more stable. >£200 though.

landy813
    Free Member

If you can stretch to another £20 i recommend the PCS-10it folds away neat and tidy and is solid as a rock will defo last for years and years. Its adjustable to whatever position you could need I am 6'2" and dont need to stoop its lifts my bike up high enough for me.

Landy

jimr80
    Free Member

the revolution stand from Edinburgh cycles looks good valve and i was thinking of ordering one, has anyone got one and whats the pros and cons.
    i need one that folds away to take to events.

zaskar
    Free Member

I got my Park stand from Merlin on offer and it is a godsend to achy bending over backs for long periods.

Get one!

bonesetter
    Free Member

Will you be using it on flat/hard surface, or garden/grass/lumpy grass?

I went for this Tacx T3025 Spider Professional Workstand.

Sorry not sub ~£100 but tripod design, and very sturdy, especially outside

bigsi
    Free Member

This one is fantastic value for money and a lot sturdier than it looks in the pic.

Wouldn't be without it now 🙂

GrahamA
    Free Member

How about this one from Decathlon. £49.99

It looked quite solid in the shop, I don't think that it folds so it might suit someone with a bit more space.

seanodav
    Free Member

I have the revolution stand from e.b.c its very good value for money, paid £50 for mine in the sale.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘bike work stand – recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.