Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Bike Widow Needing Help…!! :)
  • solphin11
    Free Member

Hi all 🙂

It is soon to be my boyfriend’s birthday, and as a surprise, I wanted to take him off to the Alps where he can go ride.

However, I’ve been told that some of it is just sheer downhills with full face helmet required, and he doesn’t do that. He is very skilled, and very fit being a PT, but may want more downhill trails rather than extreme downhill (my bike vocab is obviously very technical as you can tell!)

I have never been on a mountain bike in my life ha, and don’t intend to, so need somewhere with plenty for me to do too. I was looking at Chamonix but I’m not sure!

Any help would be massively appreciated!! xxx

flap_jack
    Free Member

How about Finale Ligure, if you like beaches etc ?

scuttler

Basque MTB would be perfect. Beaches, spas and restaurants in San Sebastián with riding at the steadier end of the downhill spectrum.

Home

scaredypants

Bourg St Maurice – biggish alps town with a bit going on

He can get straight up to Les Arcs (guided riding is best idea but he could just follow his nose GPS. There’s loads of “not full-on downhill” there

You could go walking, climbing, boozing in the sun, bugger about on/in the river (canoes, rafts, …) hire a road bike, swimming, (washing, ironing, whatever 😉 )

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Bike Widow Needing Help…!! :)’ is closed to new replies.