Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Bike storage
  • Dango
    Free Member

I have a few now in my garage and was thinking it’s about time I install to the ceiling or wall some kind if rack (non retail) and fancy making something out of timber/tubes etc

Anyone got any pics of their solutions?

Cheers in advance 🙂

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

No pics with me currently but I went cheap and cheerful and installed four wheel brackets, the cheap ones where you hook the wheel in and it’s braced against the bricks. I then added in dome torc ground anchors especially made for brick work and latched the bikes to them with huge locks. Works a treat and let’s me slide the car into the garage with four bikes!

Tracey

We use wall hangers from Decathlon

Dango
    Free Member

Cheers Tracey, they look pretty good and obviously take a lot of different wheel/tyre types 🙂

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

I reckon a couple of those, with old tyres wrapped around the sticky outy bits = cheap wall mount. Hang your bikes up by the top tube, like.

I’m going to give it a bash at some stage in the barn, anyway. I’ll report back…

ourmaninthenorth

No pics, but I house my bikes in the cellar. We have 9 between us.

Bikes on the floor stacked against each other top-to-tail. Above them bikes hung from the beams.

TBH, the amount a vertically hung bike stikes out from the wall, I can fit more in this way.

Dango
    Free Member

Yeah mine are stacked side by side atm, the wife doesn’t know how much forks cost or how delicate stanchions can be hence me wanting another solution

ourmaninthenorth

In which case, stack hers and the kids (if any) and hang yours out of harm’s way..!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Bike storage’ is closed to new replies.