Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Bikes stolen from garage – Bristol :(
  • MountainMonkey
    Free Member

Hey guys,

On Thurs night we discovered 4 of our bikes had been stolen from our garage 🙁 They’d cut through the padlocks on the back gate and garage door and cut the locks around the bikes – they only took the 4 most expensive, so it was obviously a targeted attack…

Anyway, 3 of the 4 bikes are fairly distinctive (and none of them are as stock) so if you do see them pop up on ebay or anywhere, I’d be really grateful if you could let me know.

3 were mine, so pretty small:

38cm Kinesis KM-210L custom built hardtail (it was my post pregnancy project 🙁 )

49cm Specialized Langster – frame and fork original 2008 model but pretty much everything else changed, so fairly distinctive.

Small Boardman Pro Road Bike – 2008 model with carbon stays. Pretty much as stock but a couple of changes to make it stand out (saddle, cranks, seatpost, pedals)

They also took my hubby’s mtb:

16″ On One Inbred, Barry White model – again a custom build.

Unfortunately we don’t have any pics of the Boardman or the Barry White (Hubby had just changed the frame, so at least we have pics of all the kit on another frame), but here are pics of the other two, pretty much as they were taken and below are the exact specs of the bikes taken.

Thanks in advance for keeping a look out!

MM

Kinesis

Frame Kinesis Km-210L – 38cm
    Hubs: American Classics
    Rims: Stans Alpine (black)
    Spokes: DT Comps and brass nipples
    Tyres: 2.1 Schwalbe Rocket Ron, triple nano (different to pic & set up tubeless)
    Fork: 2009 Sid Race (with poploc on RH)
    Cranks: XT fitted with 26t & 36t & red bolts (different to pic)
    Cassette: XT
    Chain: XT
    Brakes: Hope mono mini pros (rotors: F – 160 R – 140)
    Seatpost: Superstar Carbon
    Handlebars: Ritchey WCS Carbon
    Stem: Raceface Deus 70mm
    Grips: Lizardskin Peaty – grey with red collars
    Shifters: XTR
    Front mech: XTR
    Rear mech: XTR Shadow
    Headset: Hope semi integrated headset
    Seatclamp: Hope – gunsmoke (different to pic)
    QR front: Planet X I think
    QR rear: Shimano XT – silver (different to pic)
    Saddle: WTB Deva Ti – white
    Pedals: Candy 1 – Black
    Cables: XTR

Langster

Frame & Fork: Stock 2008
    Seatpost: FSA Carbon
    Front wheel: Hope Pro 3 laced to mavic open pro
    Rear wheel: Goldtec handbuilt onto Mavic open pro
    bars: flat EC90 (cut narrow with carbon end plugs fitted)
    bar ends: Cheap-ish Carbon jobbies
    brakes: Shimano flat bar jobbies – not sure what they were (silver/grey)
    QR front: Hope – red
    Freewheel: White Industries Eno 18T – red
    Chain: Can’t remember but silver rather than black as stock
    Stem: FSA 115 (90mm)
    Tires: Continental Ultra Race 23c
    pedals: Crank brothers egg beaters C
    Saddle: WTB Deva (HP Pro) in black
    Front light: Cateye EL130
    Rear light: Cateye TL-LD610

On One

Frame: On one inbred – barry white
    Hubs: Hope Pro 2s (red)
    Rims: Mavic 719
    Spokes: DT Comp (I think)
    Tyres: Kenda Nevegals 2.3 (with tubes)
    Fork: Rockshox Revelation 140mm, in white – 20mm maxle lite – 2008 I think?
    Cranks: Shimano SLX double & bash
    Cassette: XT
    Chain: XT
    Brakes: Hope M4s (not sure which year)
    Seatpost: Raceface Evolve
    Handlebars: Easton EA70 (mid rise I think)
    Stem: Raceface Evolve AM (70mm)
    Grips: ODI Rougue – black or brown (can’t remember!)
    Shifters: XT
    Front mech: SLX double
    Rear mech: XTR short cage 952 model I think
    Headset: Superstar
    Seatclamp: Woodman deathgrip QR
    Rear QR: Hope – red
    Saddle: SDG Bel Air Ti (black)
    Pedals: Superstar (brown)
    Cables: full length outers

Boardman

Boardman Pro Road bike as here
    Changes:
    Tyres:Continental grand prix 4000 GS
    Seatpost: FSA carbon SL K (I think)
    Cranks: Shimano ultegra 165mm compact double
    Pedals: crank brothers egg beaters sl (v old model)
    Saddle: wtb deva HP (black)
    Cadence sensor and speed sensor fitted for Polar cs300

Clink

Really sorry to hear this. Unlikely to see anything but will obviously keep a look out.

MountainMonkey
    Free Member

Thanks mate.

ianpinder
    Free Member

Unlucky, I had a few bikes stolen from bristol. Sorry for your loss.

clubber
    Free Member

Crap. Sorry to hear.

Are they up on the Bristol stolen bikes blog?

http://www.stolenbristolbikes.com/

mamadirt
    Free Member

Gutted for you Juliet 🙁 – I’ll certainly keep an eye out around here and get in touch if I see anything.

singletrackmind

There was a bike recovery service thing being pimped on here, although I think it was London only .
    There is also a website that pictures all bikes listed for sale on Gumtree and Ebay .Worth keeping an eye on , I would do a linky but I cant remember the sites names.
    Hope you get something back.

MountainMonkey
    Free Member

Thanks Mama Dirt and Clubber. Has been a sad week!

flatfish
    Free Member

There is also a website that pictures all bikes listed for sale on Gumtree and Ebay .Worth keeping an eye on , I would do a linky but I cant remember the sites names.

I think this is what singletrackmind has in mind,
    http://bikeshd.co.uk/

If you need any help securing everything up again give me a shout(I’m a locksmith in brizzle, my numbers in the profile) and i’ll help you try to keep the bastid’s at bay again.

thekingofsweden

Rough idea on area will keep my eyes peeled

🙁

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Sorry to hear that, I’ll keep an eye out.

trickydisco
    Free Member

Really sorry to hear that. Looking at your bike I remember bumping into you at ashton court bank holiday monday in August.

I’ll keep my eye out too

MountainMonkey
    Free Member

Thanks guys, will take a look at those other websites too – cheers!

Trickydisco – ah cool, it’s a small Singletrack world – which one were you then?! Cheers!

trickydisco
    Free Member

There were 3 of us. (me, my girlfriend Donna and a mate). Think I started getting geeky discussing ztr wheels (I’ve got ztr 355’s) and lightweight bikes. You said you were getting back into things after having a baby.

My mate had a go on your husband’s on one

Andy

That really sucks. Hope you were insured. Assume you have set up the usual automatic searches on Ebay for the frames/bike and also some of the more unusual bits like the goldtec hub/WI free wheel?

dustytrails

Is really bad news – horrible feeling!. Same thing happened to me a couple of years ago – $ bikes from garage – targetted? who knows but the scumbags got away with a lot of bike tokens worth of bikes – the custom bit hurts as it takes time & effort to get bikes built as you want them. Hope you get ’em back.

valleydaddy
    Free Member

GRRrrrrrrrrrrrr makes me sick this.

I will keep an eye out on this side of the Severn.

MountainMonkey
    Free Member

Thanks guys.

Trickdisco – ah yeah, I remember – it was nice talking to someone almost as geeky as me! (I loved those wheels! 😥 )

Yeah, they’re insured so that’s good, but like you say – the custom bits hurt and it does take time and effort, etc. but hey it’s not the end of the world… We discovered the bikes were gone the same day as I fell down the stairs holding the baby – we were both fine, but it helped keep things in perspective a bit! (Nonetheless – scumbags!!)

MrAgreeable

Cheers MrTall and wwaswas – pics sent to the spotter so he can confirm or dis-confirm that it’s the same bike.

MountainMonkey
    Free Member

Thanks guys, but my Langster is pretty tiny and is the 2008 dark green model. Cheers anyway!

supersaiyan
    Free Member

Hey Mountain Monkey,

You may be about to be reunited with your Langster. It was your bike i spotted back then (ridden by a small kid – still too big for him) and it’s cropped up again, at a pawn shop (along with some other bikes looking slightly out of place – a dark Cube jump bike, a baby blue GT jump bike and a red spesh hard tail – if anyone’s pride and joy has gone missing).

It’s now with a quick acting, bike-friendly copper Mr Agreeable put me on to: {address removed at poster’s request – Mod} so get in touch with him to organise return.

oh, i like red wine 😉

lumberjack
    Free Member

Was scrolling through this absent mindedly and then noticed the posting times.

If this works out then you sir, win one whole internet, all to yourself.

colande
    Free Member

have you emailed MM,
    her email is in her profile, just incase this drops off the front page and she doesn’t see it,
    best of luck!!

supersaiyan
    Free Member

Yup, MM emailed, but if anyone on here knows her, please give her a nudge…

MountainMonkey
    Free Member

Supersalyan – you are a legend! Bike has now been returned! :mrgreen:

A very nice police man dropped it around Tuesday and I rang the insurance company yesterday (who legally own the bike now) and because the front wheel is buckled and there’s some other (fairly minor) damage – they said I can just keep it! Yay! :mrgreen:

Thanks again so much! Sorry I didn’t reply to your email – silly me hadn’t updated my email address! 🙄 But yeah, please give me a shout so that I can at least get a bottle of red or something to you as a thank you. The police man said you’d been amazing. Thank you!

So yup, the bike is a bit battered, but is fixable with a bit of TLC. And it’s so nice to have it back, the one I’ve replaced it with (approx. 2 weeks ago!) is fine, but just standard, so it’s lovely to have my custom blinged up one back!

Thanks again Supersalyan, Mr. Agreeable, the very nice police man, and anyone else who put time and energy into getting a bike back to a stranger. You are wonderful people! 😀

Thanks again! Juliet

CHB

Love a happy ending.

maxray
    Free Member

Ahh.. this is what STW should be all about not all the bickering, flouncing and moaning.

peteimpreza

What about the other bikes that were taken at the same time? Any news on those?

valleydaddy
    Free Member

great news

MountainMonkey
    Free Member

Thanks guys – yep it is great news!

peteimpreza – afraid not. Would love to get the Kinesis back, but hey 1 out of 4 is better than most people get.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Bikes stolen from garage – Bristol :(’ is closed to new replies.