Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Bike-Station Inverurie??
  • bolt7
    Free Member

Wondering what happened to Bike-Station in Inverurie, noticed it has completely closed down a few weeks ago. Bit of a shame as I used it quite often to get some repairs done that I didn’t have time to do etc and they were always really good at turning my bike around in a day.

Shame really as I work in Inverurie was always good to drop my bike off and pick it up on the way home.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Was up for sale for ages- for an insane price.

The fact they were turning the bike round in a day would suggest to me they werent that busy.

I applied for a job there once , was told i wouldnt fit in as it was a family business.

bruneep

I applied for a job there once , was told i wouldnt fit in

To be fair they probably had a point……..

ichirnside

Yup, been trying to sell for over 2 years. Seemingly Specsavers have taken it over to expand their branch…

Deveron53
    Free Member

I went in there regularly but mostly got: “sorry, we don’t have them, we can order it from the importers for you”. (CRC got my order… oops!). 29er innertubes for example?
    I did buy some cable cutters once though!
    I get all my consumables and mundane stuff (cables, inner tubes, mudguards, commuter bits) from Pedal Power. The owner can get a bit feisty if you ask for something ‘stupid’ but altogether a more useful store. Way better than the dreadful Halfrauds in Inverurie.

stabilizers

Probably safe to assume its closed. I was in when the owner told me they were closing for a refit but that was obviously a cover story. I knew they were trying to sell.
    Tough business running a bike shop but there’s a few things they could have done better like opening on Sundays and a little bit later to catch customers on their way home from work. Also not being remotely close to the ordering time from Wiggle or CRC if you wanted to put the business their way. I never really found much that I wanted to buy actually in the shop for these impulse opportunities.
    Anyway as I said tough business I am sure most of the bike shop workers will agree. I do feel a bit for Col who worked there who’s a genuine guy.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Aye but bruneep – you know me and how much of a **** i am …. I was on my best least twatish behavior when i went in 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Bike-Station Inverurie??’ is closed to new replies.