Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Anyone else crash this morning?
  • dknwhy

Got caught out with the heavy frost and some ice this morning on the road bike. Both me and my mate went down. No damage done apart from some bruising.
    Saw a group out and 4 of them had also been caught out.
    Take care out there!

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Minced around to avoid this. Even the gravel was gripper!

Rorschach
    Free Member

Everyone on our club run today…….except me 😀

Pembo
    Free Member

Just a comedy OTB into a pool of very smelly mud in Delamere.

boxfish
    Free Member

I’d like to think my slow progress this morning was all down to taking extra care in slippery conditions. In reality, it was down to cheese and mince pies.

mandog

Went for a short slow run instead at 6.30am

nosaintangel
    Free Member

very close a few times, took it easy average speed well down.

dannyh
    Free Member

You lucky buggers!

Spare a thought for those of us wasting their Xmas holidays with man flu……..

xc-steve
    Free Member

Yeah same on our ride, didn’t go down myself but did cut ride short and go on the trainer… gutting such a nice day! Best road tyres for ice anyone?

takisawa2

Bit of a slip in the mud, but took it very easy over some dodgy looking paved surfaces.
    Beautiful morning.
    The sun coming up over the dreamy spires of Lichfield…

IMAG2407 by pten2106, on Flickr

prawny

Went out yesterday and slid around in the mud instead. Even at cannock I spent most of the morning sideways

mrmo
    Free Member

no crashes, well a couple of moments, but did come across this, what you can’t see is the sheet ice round the corner, or the sheet ice a bit further down.

oldgit
    Free Member

Saw plenty go down, but I minced my round the 65 miles safely. Slowest and most tiring ride of the year.
    A car went off the top of Ivinghoe Beacon!

nosaintangel
    Free Member

only got 50 in but your right .slow but very hard.
    dont think any road tyres are good on ice iff you dont go down when you hit it it’s luck simple as.

cheers_drive

Reading this has confirms it was the right chouce to abondon my eide plans after seeing the heavy frist this morning.

mooman
    Free Member

Managed not to crash today. But did yesterday if that counts?

mrblobby
    Free Member

Not yet. Was considering a late evening ride, may take to the turbo instead!

jekkyl

Was out early with my mate this morning, we didn’t come off today but we both did the other night. Consequently we both had ICE PARANOIA!! all the way for the rest of the ride, which pretty much ruined any road descent.

Pickers

Not here, decided against after seeing cars and the road still white over at 10:00, went for a good long walk instead.
    Still frost down at 4ish when we got back. Too much of a lottery.

claudie

yes and very sore. Damaged sti and ripped up the bar tape, ripped jacket and bibs. Minced home for last 10 miles feeling very sorry for myself! Think I might start riding i the afternoons although Im very much a morning person when it comes to riding

oldgit
    Free Member

Ten out of our twelve abandoned. I’m stupidly exhausted still, and my average was just under 16mph.

jameso

Yup, road ride, really frosty icy morning, took it easy and still lost the front on a corner around 10am. Bashed and bloody knee and arm with 90 miles still to ride, no choice either as that was the distance home from where I was. A day to man up and ride like a Belgian )

DT78
    Free Member

Very close a couple of times first thing meant I minced my 60 miles at an all time slow 12.7mph…..drivers were being inconsiderate ****s doing their best to shove me into the icy gutter several times. The first time I have been tempted to chase one driver down to ‘educate’ them

oldgit
    Free Member

Bashed and bloody knee and arm

Ouch

with 90 miles still to ride,

Ooof

oldgit
    Free Member

I confess; Coffee after 67 miles and got a lift home…it was F’ing great 😛

iainc

A lovely sunny 4 degrees and no ice this morning round the heights of South Lanarkshire 🙂

jameso

Ooof

But it was lovely and sunny so not a bad ride at all. Felt ok after a few miles, loosens up. But now I’ve been home a couple of hrs I’ve got the ‘bad-boy limp’ )

benji
    Free Member

Saw it was white, and took the mtb for a ride round instead, 40 miles on a singlespeed was lovely, the bridleways weren’t too muddy and some where nice and crunchy with frost.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else crash this morning?’ is closed to new replies.