Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • bike shops that go above & beyond call of duty thread.
  • racefaceec90

i just wanted to thank my localish bike shop that i shop at for their kindness.

the manager buys me lunch when it’s lunch time at the shop (even though i don’t work there).today he got me soup and a hot chocolate.

the shop also lets me nick the odd energy bar (i do pay for them also 😉

but today they were very kind.as i was leaving the shop,i found my bike had a puncture.

i was taking the wheel off,outside the shop,one of the staff came out and proceeded to start doing the wheel for me (even though i was quite prepared to fix it myself).

he then took the wheel into the shop and the manager (dave) said,just put a new inner tube in it (i was quite happy to fix the puncture myself/but he said no worries).

when i said how much do i owe for the inner tube,the manager said nothing 😀

i just wanted to thank them (dave,steve and james at melksham cycle centre).

they have helped me out a lot,and gone way beyond the call of duty for me on numerous occasions (including letting me buy bikes from them interest free (whilst letting me take the bike to use) even though i am unemployed.

they are just a great bike shop and really kind/decent people.

thanks a million guys for your kindness 😀

they even put up with my droning on 😳

right i’ll shut up now 🙂

mtbfix

Well done that shop.

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

I popped in there once, very friendly.

I see you are Devizes, let me know if you like to hook up for a ride sometime. (not that fit at the mo thou)

racefaceec90

would definitely be interested in going riding sometime (i am very unfit/crap on a bike though 😳

i do like riding up to cherhill via roundway hill,if i feel good i go to avebury and do a loop on marlbrough downs/ridgeway barbury castle then back to devizes again (it’s about 34 miles i think in total (it’s been a long time since i last did it though).when the weather is warm/sunny it fantastic 😀

at present though i can’t do anything like that sort of distance 😳

my e mail is adamibanezcunningham@hotmail.co.uk

good to know there’s another devizes singletrack forumite 😉

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

My local bike shop is very good at putting up with me droning on they even make me tea and give me donuts.The donuts dont shut me up but its worth a try.They do all sorts of things for me.Excellent shop.Cheltenham Cycles all things Trek/Merida/Bonty/Shimano and loads more and the best of all Tetley Tea 😆
    As for Barbury Castle down to Ogbourne St Andrew that was a chalk feast Tuesday YUK and you hardly saw a thing.Stroll on Summer.Roundway hill is nice use to go up there fair bit when my EX had a canal boat down in B-O-A.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Friday at my LBS Knock off beers 🙂
    Borrow the workshop, sort stuff out – isn’t that normal?

rkearsey
    Free Member

I’m very lucky, I live near Carlisle and I have two awesome shops I use, BikeSeven (just been featured on the homepage) and Palace Cycles in carlisle city centre. Both amazing bike shops, always do way more than expected, very lucky to have such good bike shops so close to myself! Don’t know if Levi from BikeSeven or Rob from Palace cycles use this forum but they are both top guys!

d45yth
    Free Member

Most of the ones close to me are good to be honest.

4play cycles in Cockermouth will always do you a good turn if they can.
    Cyclewise at Whinlatter are good for being so organized and getting stuff done when they say they will.
    KMB in Keswick…I’ve known them open up when closed to sort things out for folk and they once dropped a bolt off for my mate (14miles away) who was racing the next day.
    Biketreks in Ambleside for tracking stuff down where others have failed.
    They’re all helpful when needing info/advice on routes too.

Good to hear BikeSeven (Longtown) mentioned, wish I passed there more often…called in on my way back from Scotland once and ended up being in there for a few hours! They had lots of interesting maintenance stuff you don’t see anywhere else. Owner seemed a top bloke.

Thanks to them all for putting up with my incoherent mutterings, especially when I don’t spend as much as I should in them. 😀

mikewsmith
    Free Member

+1 for d45yth’s lakes list all good places

trailmoggy
    Free Member

Although its a roadie shop Paul Hewwitts of Leyland is great.

tonyd

Mountain Trax just outside Wokingham. Can’t think of anything in particular but they’re a great bunch, always happy to shoot the breeze and answer my dumb questions.

ronjeremy
    Free Member

I’ve just spent a leisurely afternoon in my LBS, coffee, homemade Victoria sponge, bike and general chat oh and a sneaky beer as well…

Cheers to Colin at Rush Cycles

jimmy

thebikechain for everything and more, but especially saying to a German customer once while pumping a tyre up “This is how we like it, we call that ‘Bastard Hard'”.

Oh boy I laughed.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘bike shops that go above & beyond call of duty thread.’ is closed to new replies.