Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • FLEET …. worth a trip ??
  • lasty
    Free Member

New to the SW London area and noticed a couple of posts on here regarding an area near FLEET . Got an afternoon to kill tomorrow so might head down, about 45mins or so…
    Worth the trip ??

m0rk
    Free Member

Swinley?

lasty
    Free Member

Dunno about Swinley – any info ??

stimpy
    Free Member

Not Fleet.

Swinley.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=swinley+forest+mountain+bike

You’re welcome.

lasty
    Free Member

Hmm …. Interesting so thanks for that Stimpy, navigation seems hit & miss regarding finding the good stuff but ill look into it.

br
    Free Member

Park at the Lookout/Discovery and just ride, following the tyre marks.

molgrips
    Free Member

Are you talking about riding?

lasty
    Free Member

Aint that what we were put on this earth to do ?? 😆

grantway
    Free Member

If you don’t have a bike then go to Hartley Wintney for lunch
    nice little village, wouldn’t bother going to Fleet

batfink
    Free Member

wouldn’t bother going to Fleet

+1

onandon
    Free Member

I live in fleet.
    It’s a nice place to live but I’m not sure why you’d come here for the day?
    For mountain bike stuff – Swinley is 15 miles away and Caesars camp is very local (less than 1 mile)

Hartley Whitney is the next village over and was voted the best place to live in the Uk CLICK HERE

theotherjonv

swinley’s undergoing significant trail ‘upgrade’ currently with many of the better trails closed off while it’s happening.

I wouldn’t say don’t go, but be prepared that a lot of stuff that might be on people’s gps tracks isn’t accessible (and please don’t ride through the closed stuff – although I’m not a huge fan of the project personally, it’s happening now and we need to accept that and start to behave properly again. Continually riding the stuff that’s being worked on won’t put us in a very good light!)

That said – there’s still plenty there to find.

philconsequence
    Free Member

i grew up in fleet.

if that doesn’t make it worth a visit then i don’t know what does.

sputnik
    Free Member

Loads of fantastic riding around Fleet area, Yateley Heath springs to mind. Superb flowy singletrack .
    You will need local knowledge to get around though, unless you have lots of time on your hands to explore.

lasty
    Free Member

Thanks for all the replies, Swinley sounds good but i`ll save that for another day so Fleet it is. Looks pretty easy but that fits the bill as im just getting over a bout of chesty man-flu, if anyones out ill be the one bimbling away on a white pinnacle arrow coughing up lung butter …

Cheers ..

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

I live there now, looks a bit drab outside if I’m honest.

Quite a few decent rides, Minley Manor Gorrick 12:12 course & Caesars has some bits I like… it is a bit boggy about but if you have a GPS I can send you an mmo file or 2 (just searching pc to see what I have.

philconsequence
    Free Member

minley manor has shoots on saturday mornings until feb so might be best to avoid the area unless you want loadsa shotguns and dogs in your face as you turn a corner 😯

sadmadalan

Another Fleet resident. Main advantage is that I can get out onto Caesers Camp in about 10 minutes. While not wonderful, it is at least local and I don’t have to get the car out to go for a ride. Plus you can get to Minley Manor, Yateley Heath and even Swinley within a reasonable time (bike or car).

Bit as for making a special trip for it – hmm not sure

tonyd

Didn’t realise so many folks lived in Fleet (me too!). Riding is OK, as above more so because it’s local. Not sure I’d make a trip specifically though.

Whereabouts in SW London are you OP? If you’re close enough I’d go Surrey Hills.

lasty
    Free Member

Teddington – Fleet seemed an easy option. Im sure there are plenty of places to ride – need to get out there !

Thanks again – setting off shortly 😆

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘FLEET …. worth a trip ??’ is closed to new replies.