Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Bike shops near Leeds….
  • BFITH
    Free Member

Just moved offices to outskirts of Leeds (Near Elland Road). Wondering what are the best MTB shops in and around Leeds. I’ve been up to Woodrup Cycles before on Kirkstall Road – seems OK – any others worth a look?
    Preferably accessible in a lunch hour.

ernie67

Garage Bikes in Morley are good ( might be pushing it there & back in an hour though )

BFITH
    Free Member

might be pushing it there & back in an hour though

Could be doable – used to work in Morley too so know the area.

rogermoore

Assuming you’re travelling by car, Garage Bikes is easily doable from Elland Road and back in an hour. Ace bike workshop, top guys ‘n gals to boot.
    RM.

chestrockwell

Drakes Cycles are good or Allterrain in Saltaire since you’re over that side.

edlong
    Free Member

Garage Bikes is about 15 minutes from Elland Road so very doable in a lunch hour.

BUT it depends what you’re looking for – it’s more of a workshop that also sells a select few bikes rather than a showroom full of shiny new bikes, so maybe not the best for “tyre kicking”. Lots of nice shiny things to put on your existing bike though.

Also, they’re not open on Wednesdays, so watch out for that.

If you want something mending, or to buy parts, accessories, and tools, or if you happen to be looking for one of the bikes they actually sell, I can’t recommend them highly enough.

Also a wealth of local knowledge if you want to do any riding in the area.

edlong
    Free Member

Allterrain in Saltaire since you’re over that side.

By “that side” do you mean “…of the pennines?” – Saltaire is nowhere near Elland Road, about 40 minutes drive in fact.

BFITH
    Free Member

By “that side” do you mean “…of the pennines?” – Saltaire is nowhere near Elland Road, about 40 minutes drive in fact.

I concur…great shop but not doable in a lunch break

rockhopper70

I’d beg to differ, Cornwall in 5 hours?

BFITH
    Free Member

😉

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I’d beg to differ that All Terrain is a great shop after the service I received there.

BFITH
    Free Member

I’d beg to differ that All Terrain is a great shop after the service I received there.

Always been very helpful when I’ve been…….

chestrockwell

I don’t know, ring road then Shipley road? Traffic would be key as always.

I’d go to Drakes anyway.

BFITH
    Free Member

I’ll have a look at Drakes, then. Thanks for the replies.

jimc101
    Free Member

Would add, if go to Garage Bike (great shop), don’t park in the side street next to them, as you may get ticketed, there’s a free council carpark about a 2 minute walk from them, which your pass if coming from Elland Road direction.

devash
    Free Member

It depends what you need really. Workshop services, components, or odds and ends?

Drakes is a decent shop. Stocks some nice bikes and was always reasonably priced. Never used their workshop though.

I had mixed experiences with Woodrup. They really screwed up on a workshop job once which cost me nearly a month of riding during a period of awesome weather so I stopped using them.

I know people moan about Evans but they were useful for odds and ends if I was in town at lunch time. Very handy with them being by the train station.

craigxxl
    Free Member

I’m another who’s not impressed with All Terrain Cycles, expensive, workshop not worth the costs or work not done in stated time and with a grumpy service.

Garage Bikes on the other hand are loads cheaper, great service and make you feel welcome from the moment you enter.

edlong
    Free Member

Garage Bikes on the other hand are loads cheaper, great service and make you feel welcome from the moment you enter.

.. and are also shortlisted in the stw reader awards. I’ll just leave this here..

singletrackworld.com/2015/09/singletrack-reader-awards-vote-now/

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Bike shops near Leeds….’ is closed to new replies.