Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Bike sale time so another 'What's it worth' thread – Giant Trance 1 2006
  • MrTall
    Free Member

Am currently speccing up a new 29er full suss bike so the Trance will have to go shortly.

As i'm a tall bugger and the bike is an XL 22" frame i'm not too sure it'll sell easily and i'll probably have to break it down (which i know will probably realise more cash) but i'd rather sell it as a whole than have the faff of constant trips to the post office with various bits and bobs so it'll be listed as a full bike initially.

I never really rode it much so it's only done 850miles (preferred my hardtails) and as such is in pretty good condition. It's XT front mech & shifters & cassette with XTR rear mech & chain and Raceface Deus Cranks. Crossmax SL wheels and Fox F100 RL fork. Brakes are Hayes 9 with Carbon levers (uprated to 8" rotors front and rear). Finishing kit is Raceface Next SL carbon seatpost with lightweight WTB saddle, Easton EA70 bars and lockon grips. Completely stock bike apart from the rotors and bars.

Fork and frame bearings were professionally serviced last year and the bike will have done less that 200miles since the work was done.

I was hoping around the £750 mark as it was £2500 when new. Realistic or not? Thanks

timdrayton
    Free Member

split it and bung the bits on ebay, i would say

forks £200 to £250
    frame £200 to £250
    brakes – £120
    wheels – £200
    finishing bits – £150

then deduct £50 for posting it all, £75 for ebay/paypal charges

id be looking at £800 to £1000 if everything is mint?

oh an a lot of time in the garage……

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Bike sale time so another 'What's it worth' thread – Giant Trance 1 2006’ is closed to new replies.