Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Bike kit duffle bag (recommendations please)
  • alfabus
    Free Member

I’m looking for a bag to cart my bike kit around – When I’m using my car, stuff tends to get chucked in ikea bags, but that doesn’t work so well when I go with other people, as it all rolls around and get crushed or mixed up.

Ideally, I’d like something that could take helmet, shoes etc., and have some way of separating clean/dry kit from wet/muddy kit. Enough capacity for a weekend/week away (in my experience, 2 days kit takes the same space as a month’s kit!!).

Does anyone know of such a bag?

Cheers,
    Dave

Muke
    Free Member

This is what you need…Duffbag

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wgqa-Pa2Pms[/video]

great bit of kit

mactheknife

Duffbag

Absolutely ace bit of kit

mactheknife

Muke that was spooky, must have been 10 seconds apart 🙂

alfabus
    Free Member

duffbag out of stock until May (eh?)

It looks like a bag for chucking all your wet kit in; can you put dry kit in there separately?

I’ve seen this from mountain equipment which has a divider to keep wet away from dry. Anyone used one of these?

Dave

andyl
    Free Member

I like them. Sold out though. Also proper price is £20, the £10 was a promo. Free postage though so £20 is all you pay.

will
    Free Member

Another vote for Duffbag, love mine!

Muke
    Free Member

Great minds eh mactheknife 😉

Maybe Duffman will be along soon and be able to update on the stock situation.

alfabus
    Free Member

If it doesn’t:

…have some way of separating clean/dry kit from wet/muddy kit…

then I’m out. Also, not being able to buy one is a bit of a disadvantage too!

Dave

kayak23

Gul version of Mountain Equipment one

I use a Nookie 80L Drybag when I’m feeling posher than the Ikea bag. Its not got a separate storage area but you could always get a small drybag such as the Exped ones to shove your wet/dry kit into. The top is watertight, unlike that Duffs one.

alfabus
    Free Member

@kayak23 – that gul one looks good – says it has a separate shoe compartment too.

Quite often I’ll have all of my kit clean, or clean and wet, and just my shoes covered in mud – so that sounds pretty good.

Dave

kayak23

Then one of these…

with your dry kit in it and shoved in the top of the big bag is ideal.

I tend to do that and then you can turn the big bag inside-out at home and wash it out in the shower ready for next time.

Vortexracing

I have a duff bag, brand new, never used got it when they were £10.

Anybody want it for £10, can have it.

e mail is in my profile.

singlespeedstu

I’ll take it please.

float
    Free Member

my duffbag broke the lower plastic bit that holds the strap to the bag. bodged it with some zipties and its been sweet since then 🙂

I kind of wish it had parallel backpack type straps for when im carrying the shopping though…

rob-jackson
    Free Member

8 quid dry bags from aldi for me or a royal racing holdall from je james for £30

ronjeremy
    Free Member

Duffbag (£10 well spent) and Alpkit dry bag here, pretty much lives in the car now, sometimes it’s the simple designs that work the best

oliverd1981
    Free Member

The Mountain equipment holdalls are great but no external pockets, the wet gear pouc wouldn’t be big enough for more than a pair of shoes really, close, but not quite what you need.

swiss01
    Free Member

another +1 for the duffbag. possibly the besr but of does what it says on the tin kit i’ve got recently. i thoroughly intend to have more than one once they’re back in stock

jedi

love my duffbag. its even got my nickname on it 😀

Duffman
    Free Member

@ Muke, just spotted this post a bit late coming back. Duffbags are due back in stock later this month we have a part container load due to dock at Felixstowe shortly. You can pre-order at a special price over on our site, links above or duffbag

andyrm
    Free Member

I’ve got this one:

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/hi-gear-lugga-cargo-65-travel-pack-p143462

Very similar to the North Face one but a whole load cheaper. Have had it for 2 seasons now and it’s been on around 10 international trips as bold baggage (holidays as well as biking trips), as well as being slung in the back of the van a good few times a month.

Highly recommended, and ridiculously god value at under £30.

alfabus
    Free Member

philwarren11
    Free Member

Tesco bag for life.

stats

I have a Vango Shuttle.
    Has a compartment for shoes, a detachable section and internal pockets.
    http://www.vango.co.uk/travel/shuttle-80.html

I’ve got the 40L which is big enough for one days gear with a Mule inside also.

Could use the detachable part to store wet gear, at least you only need to unzip that part to bring into the house rather than the whole bag if need be.

stufive
    Free Member

I have this mountain equipment bag it’s prob one of the best bits of kit I’ve got..they make them from the same materials that wagon curtains are made of..and quite handy for carrying small children 🙂

Untitled by Stufive, on Flickr

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Like an Ikea bag, but it doesn’t collapse.

Northwind

Dakine do some really nice bags… Expensive, but the Rider’s bag is the best kitbag I’ve come across. Massive end pockets (they’re like shoe pockets except maybe 3 times the size), nicely durable, and it’s got a bit of meat to it so it doesn’t just flop around when empty. So basically all the pluses of a tough duffel bag like my northface one, but also all the pluses of a sports kit bag.

Duffman
    Free Member

I used to use Ikea bags / bag for life / rubble sacks etc but decided to make something better 😉

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Bike kit duffle bag (recommendations please)’ is closed to new replies.