Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Bike insurance
  • Marin
    Free Member

I know it’s been done but search is not great on my phone. Whose good for home insurance and for covering bikes away from the house. AXA on ringing for my renewal now advise they’ll only cover up to £1000 if stolen from the back of my van but full amount if locked to a lamppost as it’s a non movable object! Mine and Mrs bike are worth more than my van but that’s were the bikes spend a lot of weekends. Any good options please as about to run out.

poisonspider
    Free Member

Try the AA
    I’ve got my household with them and the bikes are covered in the house, garage, back of the car and locked up outside somewhere.
    They treat bikes as a named possession so as long as you list them they’re covered. They offer ‘away from the home’ cover as an extra but I didn’t take it.

Alphabet

Topic here from 4 days ago. PedalCover is the default choice. I’m with them too.

Marin
    Free Member

Ta for the linky.
    Poison spider I’m with AXA through AA. Bikes are covered up to a £1000 only locked up in my van. Full value if locked to a lamppost which they class as immovable which is a bit silly to me as in the van they’re out of sight and locked to seat frame. Worth checking your policy to make sure. I’m not paranoid just couldn’t afford to replace mine at the moment

crapjumper
    Free Member

Pedalcover every time

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Do Pedal Cover use Wheelies?

Fat-boy-fat

Pedalcover +1000

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Have any/many of you had to claim through Pedalcover yet?

I’m currently going through a claim with Halifax/Wheelies – luckily I’m happy with the replacement bike they are offering, otherwise they would try to deduct 20% for a cash settlement.

They have decent range of brands, but their site doesnt show anything by Trek, Commencal, GT, Santa Cruz and other big brands.

Looks like there are going to settle quickly though.

matt_outandabout

Worth checking your policy to make sure.

I’ve just done this with John Lewis – they still don’t really have a firm answer, or policy in writing in enough detail to confirm what they say, after 4months of asking.

Marin
    Free Member

Gone with pedal on. They were very clear about the bikes which is my main concern. Thanks.

mrchrispy

after watching M&S crank up the premium year on year I’m shifting to pedalcover.
    smashed the M&S quote and seems geared well towards the bikes.
    so just a couple of things to check in the policy and I’ll be shifting.

phil5556

I’m with admiral. They claim that they will cover the bikes locked to an immovable object and the back of my van apparently counts as immovable. I discussed it with them and said I’d chain it to the towing eye with a gold sold secure chain. They seemed happy, not had to test it yet luckily.

Will check out pedal cover though.

mrchrispy

I’d certainly give http://www.pedalcover.co.uk a call, just renewed and they are a pleasure to deal with, everyone I spoke to seems like a proper cyclist and know their stuff.

Saved nearly 300quid and that’s after telling them what M&S were after, they could easily have stung me for a bit more. More then happy to give them my business.

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Also PedalCover. Not had to claim but the cost and cover is better than all the other quotes two years running.

They also apologised that it hadn’t gone down as much second year as the insurance tax had gone up.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Bike insurance’ is closed to new replies.