Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Bike friendly workplace
  • martinm116
    Free Member

Has anyone got any experience of trying to convince their employer that it’s a good idea to provide some sort of bike facilities even if it’s just secure storage?

I’m trying to convince my employer, but not sure how to go about it, are there any sort of tax incentives/grants that I can tell them about?

xc-steve
    Free Member

Just bring your Soaking wet muddy bike in through the office and prop it up against your desk, sure they’ll get the hint!

crazy-legs

I’m trying to convince my employer, but not sure how to go about it,

Does that mean that you’ve spoken to them and they’ve said no (or the old classic “we’ll think about it”) or that you haven’t yet approached them?

martinm116
    Free Member

I’ve mentioned it to them in the past and been told bikes aren’t allowed in the office as it could set a “precedent”, been offered some space around the back of the office where all the smokers congregate, but there is about a 2inch pile of discarded fag ends around there so I get the feeling any bike left locked up would just get fag ends thrown at it all day long.

Macavity
    Free Member

Maybe its easier to get the right employer , than convince your current one.
    http://www.thecyclingexperts.co.uk/the-cycling-industry/industry-jobs/?job=375

martinm116
    Free Member

Thanks Houns, that’s what I was after.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Bike friendly workplace’ is closed to new replies.