Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Bike for daughter
  • thehustler
    Free Member

carrera luna

OK my daughters not quite big enough for a full size mtb yet,seen this which looks great value, can anyone see anything wrong woth it as a bike to last her for 2-3 years, or anyone know of other bargains in the same price range?

binners

Hustler. I bought my daughter a 20″ Luna. She’s had it over a year now (present last christmas) and she loves it. They’re great bikes. And for the sale price, there’s nothing anywhere near it spec-wise. Its not much more than the BSO’s in Halfords

Its got a proper SRAM drivechain – they get the hang of the gripshift really quickly, and the forks are actually remarkably effective (non-pogo stick-esque). Its surprisingly light and the standover height is great

GO buy her one! I’m getting my daughter that 24″ Luna when she out-grows this one. In fact, while they’re on offer at that price, I might well get her one now

DaveRambo

Isn’t the stock answer

Kids + new bike = Islabikes

thehustler
    Free Member

bump for the nighttime crew

docrobster
    Free Member

That looks like the girls version of the blast that I bought for my son’s 10th birthday.
    On the plus side it has great street cred with discs and smart paint job etc.
    On the downside they are cable discs so pretty useless. I swapped them for some old juicy 3s donated from the spares bin.
    The grip shift for the front mech is too stiff for his little hands so never gets used.
    Weight wise it is lighter than a lot of kids bikes.
    He likes it.
    I think the islabikes small 26 wheeler is probably a more sensible option but over £100 more.
    Edit: I forgot it was last Xmas not birthday. Was £189 then too. Not worth £270

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

I think at that age the answer is whichever bike she will actually use. Corny but true.

mazz
    Free Member

Bought that bike for my daughter this xmas. Is pretty good vfm.
    ti_pin_man speaks much wisdom.

thehustler
    Free Member

Wel I bought it and just assembled, tbh really pleased with the quality of both finish and components……………………just hope the girly likes it now…..

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Bike for daughter’ is closed to new replies.